Hate

His eyes remained shut after I had to close them. I looked at the back of ice I held at his side with one hand. With the other I held him as if I were going to lose him. What am I saying? I already lost him. His words echoed through my mind.

Why are you here then

My head started to hurt with the thought of each word running through my head. I look back up at my freckled face friend. He still had a small cuts on his eyebrow and lip. We had to postpone the practice match against Seijou. Everyone was happy about that but when they heard why everyone freaked out. Me the most.

They all looked at me expecting me to flip shit. But that isn't how I handle things. I kept a straight face the whole time. When I got alone in the locker room the tears just flooded down my cheeks. When we went to see him his normal pale complexion was covered with bruises and cuts. I made sure I went alone, knowing that as soon as I saw him I would break down into tears.

"T...Tsukki," a quiet whine left Yamaguchi's lips. My head shot up at him with wide eyes. I removed the ice and slowly picked him up, moving him only to the left a little. I crawled onto the bed as slowly as I could, trying not to wake him.Once I was under to covers I realized how cold his whole body gotten.

Was it from the ice?

I slipped one arm under him, pulling him closer. Once I did so he snuggled up close. Just like a few nights ago. He winced at the pain in his side but soon went back to his normal face. As normal as it could be currently. I studied his face.

There was still a little cut on his lip and eyebrow, along with a scrap on the left side of his head. My long fingers pushed aside some of his green hair. It was greasy and dirt was still in it from last night. I sighed and closed my eyes. Hopefully he will remember me in the morning. 

I woke to the sun in my eyes. Yamaguchi was still asleep, deep asleep. I checked the time. The volleyball team will be arriving soon. So I pealed myself out of Yama's arms. He looked a lot better than he did yesterday. The doctor said they could discharge him, as long as he takes it easy for a week or so. That meant no volleyball for Yama.

When the other boys came back in Yamaguchi woke to their voices. I propped myself up on one arm, still next to the bed.

"Yamaguchi, your parents said they had to work, so we will be taking care of you for the day," Sugawara-san explained to Yama. He seemed to be at ease when Sugawara was talking to him. He just nodded. Daichi and Sugawara started to help Yama get out of bed and get dressed. Eveyone else waited outside, except me.

"Do you have to be in here while I get changed," Yama looked at me blushing and covering most of his body still. I looked at Daichi who nodded. I shut the door behind me.

"Are you okay Tsukishima," Hinata's big eyes analyzed my face.

"I'm fine," I walked away from the room. I felt as all eyes were on me when I sauntered off. As the bathroom door shut behind me I fell to my knees. "Yamaguchi please," my face in my hands as my body shook violently. This can't be happening. It's just a bad dream.

After a few more minutes of crying I cleaned myself up and decided I needed to go home. If I see him again, knowing he doesn't know who I am, then I would just die inside. When I regrouped with the others they were silent, the air thick and full of awkwardness. Hinata's usual smile had faded. Sugawara and Daichi were outside the door waiting. Daichi was hugging Sugawara as if a father comforting his wife. They looked up at me.

Just before I could speak the doctor came out of the room. He had a worried look on his face.

"I don't know what happened. His physical condition is better but his mental state is not. I don't understand what happened," he ran his hand through his hair.

"He started to remember me, then his eyes went wide and just started flailing around. Screaming to stop attacking him," Sugawara-san explained. 

"Well maybe he remembered that he got jumped and tried to defend himself," Daichi-san pondered, while still holding Sugawara-san. I then remembered the girl that he was going on a date with. This is her fault, she set him up.

"I'm leaving," I stormed out.

"Tsukishima," Tanaka shouted after me.

"Let him go," Sugawara-san ordered. Obviously Tanaka agreed seeing as he didn't follow me out. I looked all over the normal places I think kids in our grade would go hang out at. After hours of searching I was to tired to keep looking. Until I noticed some high schoolers hanging out in a park. THERE! I jogged across the street to them.

"Oi, if it isn't Tsukishima, shouldn't you be at the hospital comforting your little boyfriend," Jen laughed.

"I heard he got his ass kicked," the girl's voice dripped with fake care. I clenched my fists.

"Yeah, by you guys," I towered over all three of the guys and the girl. They laughed.

"You can't prove anything," one stepped closer to me. Forcing him to look up at me even more. I clicked my tongue at him.

"I don't need to, I'll return the favor though," I gripped him by the shirt lifting him off his feet with ease. Within seconds it turned into an all out fight with all three of the guys. I was able to take them quickly. After getting a few punches in from them. 

I was done in a short amount of time returning home. I walked in to find my team all sitting around the door waiting for me to get home.