14

Sorry this one is a bit late! There were some incredible grammar errors that I needed to fix.

xoxo
Elle

----

Cole

The doorbell rang on Thanksgiving and I raced my mom to open it. Surprisingly, she beat me.

"Mom, don't," I warned, but without breaking eye contact, unlocked it. "Mom," I warned again.

"Hello!" My mom exclaimed, throwing the door open. "You must be Ariel."

"I am, yes," my girlfriend's sweet accent responded and I craned my neck to see her wearing the black sheer tights and sweater dress she had texted me about earlier. "Am I dressed appropriately?"

"You look gorgeous, darling," my mother informed her. "Why don't you come in?"

"Thank you very much. I feel very bad coming empty handed, though," Ariel said, walking over to me.

"No worries, hun. I was not expecting for you to bring liquor."

"Hey," I whispered as she got on her toes.

"Hey," she whispered back before giving me a quick kiss. "How are your parents with PDA?"

I laughed and brushed a strand of hair out of her face. "I've never brought a girl over before, so I wouldn't know."

She giggled. "Glad to be the first."

And hopefully last.

"I'm glad you are, too."

"I'm going to go help your mom in the kitchen. Where even is the kitchen?"

I chuckled. "I'll show you."

I led her down a small hallway until we reached the large chefs kitchen.

"Is there anything I could help you with?" Ariel asked my mom sheepishly.

She spun around. "Honey, there's no need."

"Really. I can do anything."

"You can sit down on the couch and wait for dinner to be served," she said in a scary, stern voice.

I could tell Ariel was hesitant, but I grabbed her hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. She followed me to the couch.

"I really, really, think I should help her," Ariel said, chewing on her lip.

"Babe, relax," I whispered in her ear. "Everything will be alright."

She looked at me with a pout. "Are you sure?"

I kissed her pout. "Positive."

"Can I see your room?" She wondered with a sheepish smile.

Laughing, I helped her up. "Just beware, it's a bit messy."

"Oh really?"

I opened the door to my grey room. It was pretty medium sized with a large bed up against the wall in the middle of the room. A few clothes were scattered here and there, but nothing too bad. A nice sized TV was across the wall.