Chapter 43 - Clean again!

I awoke a little after Maura and sat up, rubbing my eyes with a yawn.
"Morning..." I croaked groggily.
"Hey Jacob!" Maura said happily.
After a few minutes, I said I should take a bath, and Maura looked at me, puzzled.
"A... Bath?" She asked.
"Look, I'll be back later." I replied, grabbed the Deer Hide I'd scavenged from my last trip out to use as a towel, and headed to the brook. I gathered a load of big leaves to make a curtain, then stripped down and got in. The water was actually quite warm, and it was very soothing against my skin, with some of the things that happened with me and Ciel still hurting a little. I dunked my head underwater to wash it off, and then pulled myself out. I used the deer hide to dry my body, then threw some clothes on. I came out from behind the curtain just as Maura was coming back from what looked like a walk. She bumped into me.
"Ah, sorry Jacob!" She exclaimed.
"Uh... It's fine." I replied
"Wanna walk back together?" She asked
"Sure." I said. Then she took my hand in hers and we walked back, her humming something and swinging our arms. When we got back, Ciel was trying to shush us, and I think Maura got the message, because she stopped humming. Elenore was asleep. But nevertheless, Maura didn't stop in time, so Elenore woke up with a yawn. Maura and her went to have a bath with each other, which left me and Ciel. We managed to find something to talk about, which was nice. It was as if we were friends again. Then the girls cane back and Ciel went for a bath, which left me with Ele and Maura.
"Uh... Sooooo..." I said, scratching the back of my head.
Ele chuckled nervously, but Maura came and leaned on me, comfortable. She was warm, and her hair was wet, but these clothes were a bit dirty now anyway, I needed to make myself some more soon, so I didn't mind getting them wet.
"What shall we talk about?" I asked.
"Uhm... I dunno... Maybe we should just look at the forest... It is a nice view from in here, after all." Elenore suggested.
"That's a great idea!" Maura said happily.
"Alright then." I said, and to my surprise, Elenore came and sat with me and Maura.
Ciel took a surprisingly long time, but when he got back, Elenore had fallen asleep and was resting her head on my shoulder. She didn't snore though...
"Wake up, sleepyhead." I said, nudging elenore's head with my chin, as I couldn't really move my arms. She groaned but woke up, and sat up slowly. Then, all of us sat, Maura on my right, Ciel to my left, and Ele to his left, we just talked for a while. It felt nice. It was like... And I know well it wasn't for me to say, but it was almost like a family. At the end of the day, we all went to sleep on some heaped deer hides I'd hunted for before, and put into a hold in the cave wall. They were soft and comfortable, and Maura slept facing me that night, hands at her chest. I smiled with my arm around her and fell asleep.

Peace
          At
              Last