one

((this takes place before taehyung and jungkook meet, just a quick heads up))

"taehyung has been gone for awhile as you all know, and we need to make sure he is okay. namjoon, we have assigned you to help find him,"

namjoon nodded, walking out of the room and into his own. there, he groaned, finally showing how he actually felt. taehyung was known for getting into trouble easily, and since he didn't stick around to learn human customs and words, he would be very lost. he figured something like this would happen. he quickly packed the things he would need for the trip and changed into a more human look. as much as he hated earth, he did have an appreciation for how they dressed.

after changing into black skinny jeans and a large black coat, he put on his shoes and sunglasses and grabbed his backpack, heading out. it was beginning to darken outside, so his sunglasses weren't helping much, but he needed to stay hidden as best he could. his hair was bad enough already; pastel blue hair wasn't going to help him blend in. it was okay though, as many humans dyed their hair colors that weren't "natural".

he sighed and rolled his eyes, walking down the street. where the hell could tae be? namjoon knew it wasn't going to be an easy task to find him, but he never really knew the extent of how difficult it would be. taehyung could be anywhere by now. he didn't even know where to begin.

namjoon was interrupted by his thoughts by something brushing roughly against him. he looked behind him to see a man staring at him, eyebrows knitted. namjoon, unfazed, stopped and stared at him.

"um, hello?" namjoon waved slightly.

"you think you can just bump into me and away with it?" the man growled. he grabbed namjoon's shirt by the collar and slammed him against the wall next to him. namjoon had the wind knocked out of him, and quickly spoke up.

"n-no, no, not at all. i'm very sorry for-" he was interrupted by the man's fist coming in contact with his cheek. namjoon let out a groan, his sunglasses flying off his face. he threw his hands in front of him, trying to push the man away. the man chuckled and was about to throw another punch when he was hit in the back of the head with- a rolling pin?

namjoon looked behind the man to see a boy yelling. he had blonde hair and was wearing an apron. the man quickly got to his feet and ran off, knowing that if someone saw what he had done, they would probably be calling the police soon. namjoon closed his eyes, sliding down the wall so he could sit. the boy crouched near him, taking a look at his cheek.

"ah, that's gonna leave a bruise," he informed, gently grabbing namjoon's chin so he could turn his head. namjoon opened his eyes, his hand going to his cheek.

"wonderful," namjoon mumbled looking at the boy. the boy laughed and stood up, offering his hand to namjoon. namjoon accepted it and stood up.

"i can give you ice back at the café to help the swelling," the boy already had grabbed namjoon's wrist, pulling him to the building across the street. "i saw the man punch you the first time and decided to intervene. he always decides to pick a fight on anyone who comes in his way, it's irritating. I didn't have anything else to hit him with, i'm sure it looked pretty lame. i probably looked like a grandma or something!"

the boy was sure a chatter. namjoon chuckled at the boy, speaking up again.

"i think you looked pretty cool. o-oh uh, you thanks for helping me.." namjoon completely forgot to thank him. it was hard to remember everything to do. humans were complicated.

"you mean thank you? haha, he must of hit you pretty hard, huh? i'm jin by the way." the boy laughed, opened the door to the café and taking namjoon to the backroom.

"i'm n-namjoon.. yeah, he must of," namjoon tried to play it off, but it would be obvious when jin looked at him again that he was alien. he had accidently left his sunglasses on the sidewalk, and they were probably broken already anyway. jin had him sit down on a box of napkins while he grabbed the first aid kit. when jin turned around, he jumped back in surprise before laughing.

"damn, you scared me! i had no idea you guys made it all the way over here!"

namjoon widened his eyes, puzzled.

"that's it?"

"what do you mean?"

"you aren't..throwing me out? you aren't disgusted?"

jin laughed again, beginning to press a bag of ice to namjoon's cheek.

"why would i do that? you might be an alien or whatever, but that doesn't mean you are disgusting or bad. you just aren't from here,"

namjoon stared blankly at his words.

---

after awhile namjoon's cheek had stopped swelling. jin grabbed the now melted ice bad and threw it in the sink, walking out to the cash register and locking it. he quickly cleaned up around the tables and counters. namjoon walked out and watched him clean, still shocked by his words. how has he not freaked out yet?

jin untied his apron after wiping down the tables and folded it, walking back to the back room and throwing it on the small coffee table on the side of the door. he grabbed his coat and the café door keys and walked back out, looking at namjoon.

"do you have a place to stay? i could walk you there." jin offered, a small smile still present on his lips. namjoon thought back to finding tae. if he went back to the building where everyone was at without tae, they might get angry. he sighed and looked back to jin.

"i don't. i'm sure i'll find a place to stay for the night though." namjoon answered, looking down. it was quite cold outside. jin walked over to him and put a hand on his shoulder.

"you can always stay with me for awhile, ya know," jin smiled wider. "here, come on. you can stay for tonight and see if you can find a place tomorrow."

jin grabbed namjoon's wrist again and lightly tugged, getting namjoon to follow. namjoon was shocked. first, jin hit a guy over the head with a rolling pin so he wouldn't get punched again, then jin gave him ice to help his cheek, and if that wasn't already enough, he wasn't freaked out by him being an alien and jin even offered him a place to stay for the night.

jin's different.

---

woaH THIS IS A REALLY LONG CHAPTER AAAA

i just didn't want to have to make two chapters oops lmao but aaaaaAAA I FINALLY GET TO WRITE NAMJIN YESSSSSSSS AAAAAA

- jadeyyyyyYYYYY