The day after

“Did they oversleep or what?” Ray mutters and leans back in the chair.

He, Jenziih and Linder has been waiting in the studio for more than an hour, for Seike and Yohio to show up.

“Apparently,” Jenziih sighs.” They probably had too damn much to talk about, instead of going to bed, or …”

He is interrupted by the door bursting open as Seike enters,  the hurry he’s in almost makes him trip on his feet.

“Hey, take it easy,” Ray chuckles. “Why such a hurry, you’re only an hour late,” he continues, ironically.

“Sorry,” Seike says as he tumbles down in the sofa beside Linder and Jenziih. He grimaces badly as he tries to adjust himself and puts a pillow behind his back as the others stares at him.

“Where’s Yohio?” they ask when he’s apparently not planning to say anything.

Seike stares at them for a second, as if it were the strangest question he’s ever heard.

“You know, you were still at the pub when we left you.And you share room. Didn’t the two of you head home at the same time?” Linder says, slowly and carefully as if he’s talking to a child.

Seike runs his hand through his still wet, unfixed hair. “When I went down here, he was still in the shower.”

“How wonderful, give me strength,” Ray sighs.” What the f**k did the two of you do last night?”

Seike stares at him, so surprised he’s at a loss for words.

“Nothing, absolutely nothing,” Seike answers, but the lie is so obvious, the others start to laugh.

(FLASHBACK last night)

“Now, take it easy,” Seike says as they leaves the bar. He wraps his arm around Yohio’s shoulders to help him keep his balance. “You shouldn’t have been drinking, you’re too young,” he continues, in a vain attempt of trying to show a more mature and responsible side of himself. And for that matter, to try keep his mind off  how intensely aware he is of the fact of Yohio’s physical presence as he leans into him, and puts his arm around his waist to steady himself. A little too close, perhaps, but, Seike reminds himself, that’s because he’s a bit drunk.

“Only a couple of ciders,” Yohio mutters as they start to walk to the apartment the band is renting for a week. “ Besides, we’re in Germany and the politics about alcohol is less strict here than in Sweden.”

“That’s true, but you’ve still had too much, much more than just a “couple of ciders”,” Seike insists.

“I’m only pretending to make you hold me,” Yohio says, before he goes completely silent, biting his tongue.

Seike stiffens and stops right then and there, in the middle of the street.

“What are you saying??”

Yohio looks away, but Seike turns his head to towards him, forcing him to look him in the eyes.

“I’m not going to repeat it, I think you heard, considering your reaction.”

“If I heard correctly, you’re truly drunk.”

“No”.

Seike raises his hand to gently caress Yohio’s cheek.

“You’re so damn pretty,” he says softly.

Yohio’s eyes widens.

“You must be drunk, too”.