Chapter 10

I woke slowly. Tobias was still here, asleep. I sat up a little smiling as i looked over him. He looked peaceful, his eyes closed and his face relaxed. I reached up slowly and pushed a stray hair from his face, waking him up.

"Hey," he smiled his voice heavy with sleep. I smiled at him again. "What?" he laughed a little.

"Nothing," i smiled. I kissed his cheek, feeling the stubble against my lips. "Tonight, I'm going to show you my home."

"Deal," he smiled. "I'm gonna go have breakfast and lunch with Ray so she doesn't feel like she's lost already." I laughed but nodded. He stood and left the room. I sighed and fell back onto the bed laying where he just was, it still smelled like him.

I hadn't realized that i drifted off to sleep again until i felt a hand on my shoulder, gently shaking me awake. I rolled over and found it was Mia, she was smiling down at me warmly. I sat up and pushed some hair out of my face.

"Thank you for worrying about me," i smiled at her. "Tomorrow night wanna try another movie night?"

"Absolutely," Mia smiled. "So what are you two going to do today?" I was going to answer but she quickly shushed me. "No what happened last night, i saw the Prince leaving here early this morning."

I laughed at her shaking my head. "He came to check on me and then we started watching a movie, but i fell asleep before we got too far into it." Mia laughed at me. "He slept here but he's on his way to go see Ray. Tonight I'm taking him out for a view of my town."

"Shall i help you pick an outfit for him?"

"Absolutely," i smiled again. "I'm going to get dressed really quickly and then we can go look at his clothes." Mia nodded and i hurried to the closet. I changed into a pair of ripped skinny jeans and a black t-shirt with my old boots. I pulled down a red jacket with a large hood and tossed it on my bed before joining Mia.

Mia guided me down the hall to Tobias' personal bed room. It was set up like mine except his walls were blue and silver. I smiled a little and went to the closet. His closet was filled with princely clothes; all suits and ties. I dug through the closet but i couldn't find anything simple. The closest thing i found were a pair of dress pants.

"He has no regular clothes," i sighed looking at Mia. She was standing in the middle of the room not touching anything. "Where can i get some?"

"We can go into the city if you would like? There is no rule against that." I smiled at Mia and nodded. I took her hand and we were off. The guards opened the gates for us without a word and they closed behind us again. Mia stayed close to me as we walked through the market.

"Is it safe out here?" Mia asked. I found a pair of jeans in his size, a new pair freshly made. I bought them and put them in the bag with the shirt and jacket i got.

"Of course," i laughed. She was clinging tightly to my arm as we walked. "I lived out here on my own for years. You're safe with me." Mia nodded. Out of habit when we passed the fruit stand i pulled an apple from the stand.

"E.J.!" Mia gasped but i couldn't help but laugh a little.

"Old habits die hard." She shook her head at me. "Come on, I'll take you to this great place for lunch." We weaved through the crowd and entered the small shack. Jonas was the owner of this place, he was a friend. When he saw me he hurried in from the back and hugged me. He was a big man with a bald head and a brown beard with smiling brown eyes.

"Look at you looking all fancy in some nice clothes," Jonas laughed at me. "I heard about you and i couldn't believe it."

"Trust me neither could I," I laughed. "This is Mia she's a friend." They shook hands smiling.