Chapter 9

Heartbeat
Zion

"As expected," Said a sweet angel like voice, sitting right beside me as she brushed off the hair on my eyes. "You're sleeping again."

I silently smiled, feeling the tip of her finger on my eyes as she continued to brush my hair using her soft and warm hands.

"Do you even have nightmares?" She said, softly touching my eyes as she leaned her head on my chest, listening to my heartbeat and said, "You look so peaceful like a sleeping baby, how I wish I could also sleep peacefully like you."

My brows slightly furrowed upon hearing the pain in her voice, thought she was having a hard time sleeping because of her nightmares and hope that I could do something to ease the pain she was feeling.

"You know what?" She softly said, her sweet voice making my heart beat so fast that I can't control it anymore, so fast that I thought she can hear it so loud. "The nightmares I have we're mostly about you."

"About losing you."

My heart suddenly stopped beating the moment I heard the words she said and felt my world slowly spinning as she said these next words.

"But, what can I do?" She said, her voice trembling as tears slowly fall from her eyes, I felt my heart slowly breaking for her as she said, "No matter how wrong it is, no matter how illegal this is, I can't help it."

What? I silently whispered as I felt her softly crying in my arms. Anong ibig niyang sabihin? I don't understand.

"I already love you, my beautiful creature." She finally said, making my world spin so fast as she softly kissed my temple. "To the moon and back."

I opened my eyes upon hearing her words and thought I could finally see her beautiful eyes but instead I found myself sleeping in the see of grasses again, alone and with nobody else.

She's already gone.

God, where are you? I said as I tried to look for her anywhere but I failed. My beautiful angel, when can I ever see your face?

"Zion!" Malakas na tawag ni Caleb sa akin, bringing me up back in reality as he hit my head with a crumpled paper. Argh, ano nanaman 'bang problema nito?

He signaled me to open the paper and I almost thought of hiding under the table as I read his message.

Sir was throwing daggers at you while you're sleeping at his class, man! You're a dead meat. Pray for your life!

Napalunok ako, slowly raised my head and thought of praying for my future when I saw Sir's sharp eyes, looking straight at me as if he wanted to kill me.

Caleb was right, I thought as I smiled at Sir. I'm a dead meat.

"Mr. Pierce," He said while he's slowly walking towards me, his every step sounds like a nightmare to me as I greeted him back.

"H-hi, Sir." I said while waving my hands at him. Damn, I look so--

"Stupid," Selene mumbled behind me, finishing my sentence as Sir continued to make my life a living hell.

"Zion Pierce," Sir said, walking in a slow motion as if he's taking his time to kill me. Oh God, spare me. "Do you know what time is it?"

Napalunok ako, glanced at my watch with trembling hands and said, "It's 9:30 am, Sir."

"Yes, it's already 9:30 am, Mr. Pierce." He said, standing beside me while holding a large and thick Mathematics book.