Betrayal?

My blood stained lips parted into a cold smile that would freeze the bones of Death itself. And my eyes? Well they couldn't leave the small red pool of blood in front of me and my heartless soul. I gave out a small satisfied chuckle peering into the darkness that only consumed my tired form. Even the echo seemed to be mocking me. I plopped on to the ground and felt ready to take on anything.

I placed my knife that has been dipped through pure red liquid beside me. I thought back to what happen moments ago. His pleading eyes and his screams of "YOU ARE A MONSTER," squeezed my heart once more. My eyes flickered as I remember his tortured face as I penetrate my sharp blade into his side. While a trickle of blood slid down like a tear from the corner of his mouth. My ears still rang with the sound of his agony cry and screeches.

Looking up at the ceiling I closed my eyes. I moved my knees and placed them against my body hugging on to them as I considered to myself, that I Amelia Woods actually finished my revenge...I then examined the lifeless body in the corner of the room one last time. But to only receive a pain expression that contorted my face. I repeated the lines "He deserved it," over and over again reassuring myself.

~~~~~~

Slowly and calmly I opened my eyes, but my heart was pounding and racing which said so otherwise. What kind of dream was that...I shuffled towards Brett hugging him really tightly.

"What's wrong Amelia?..." Brett grumbled under his breath. While his eyes were still closed, his hand grazed against my cheek.

"I just had a weird dream don't mind me alright?," I furrowed my eyebrows. Why did I kill Brett in my dream....

"Are you sure you're fine?" He questioned me once more. Brett nuzzled his face into my hair and breathed in. "You smell sweet..." He whispered.

"You're so random Brett! And I think I can handle just a little nightmare!" I chuckled.

"Mhhh okay....OH SHIT IM LATE!! I'm sorry Amels I got to go to school early today!!" He announces as he scattered around the room for clothes.

"Alright see you at school. Meet me up at the lockers?" I asked tying a quick side ponytail.

"Ya ya sure bye!!!" He yells quickly and leaves the door.

Wasn't he in a big rush today? He certainly been more busy all of a sudden.

I laughed to myself. Brett is my clumsy boyfriend and me? I'm Amelia and the only thing that gets me going in life is my Starbucks coffee. And just a warning no one gets to touch my coffee and my boyfriend (yes I'm quite possessive).

I quickly untangled the hair tie out of my long tangled mess and got ready for school like every other day.(college sucks 24/7)

When I got to school I wandered in the halls reaching near my locker I peeked through the hallway to see if Brett was there yet. Nope guess not, and I started to walk further away. I don't want him to see me as desperate so I went to find my best friend Elizabeth.

"Elizabeth! Wait up..." I called out to her right before she went into her class. She twirled around and frowned.

"How many times do I need to tell you to call me Lisa! Elizabeth sounds so complex it's just bleh..." She says sticking out her tongue making a gaging noise.

"Your parents named you! Go tell them that!..." I said with a strained smile.

Of course Elizabeth...Correction Lisa notices how tense I was this morning and says worryingly "Hey what's up? You sound monotone plus your makeup is a bit of a mess?"

"Is it that bad?" I said avoiding the topic because I didn't think it was that important.

"Ya it's bad, here let me fix it in the bathroom! We got 5 minutes and you better tell me what's going on?" She pushed me toward the bathroom and also whispered " you can tell me anything..."