Farewell

Yato

The first time I met you, my life had change drastically. I might've not realized it, but you would soon open possibilities that made me happier than ever.

     When you told me I could change, I didn't know what to say. Becoming the God of fortune was something I would never even dream of succeeding in. Yet, here I am, with you by my side, and a smile on my face. I feel so comfortable with you. Why can't we stay like this?

                               _______________________________

I don't want to say goodbye. Can we have more time? I know none of that is possible. You will find a husband, have children and a nice house. I want that to happen, but whenever I think about it, I feel a sharp pain.

Soon, you will forget me.

I need to make more memories before that happens. I'm going to burn everything I see into my heart.

I hope that I'll live on with you somehow. You'll be on my mind, even if I won't be in yours.

                               _______________________________

     I've been getting more nervous about these kinds of things lately, but I'm pretending not to notice, so I try and smile.

You're turning 28 this year and you've become a successful doctor. Yet, you still come to visit me with your busy shifts.

I wish time could freeze.

It's getting tougher each day. I feel like crying, but I know that will just hurt you too.

I want you to be the happiest girl in the world.

                                  _______________________________

     One night, I was worrying about you. So, I went to your house to see if you were safe. I landed on the roof and peered through the window. Whew. You're okay. That's when I saw a light flicker on.

Whoops.

"Yato?? Is that you?"

If you see me, you'll probably think I'm some weird creep.

I turned away, trying to escape, then I felt a tug on my arm.

"Don't get the wrong idea." I said, desperately.

"Actually, I can't sleep. Can you stay on the roof with me for a little longer?"

"Only if you can grab me a beer." I made one of my weird faces, but I was thinking about how thankful I was that you didn't jungle savate me.

"Of course." You chuckled and disappeared back into your house.

You've changed. Back then, you would've been suspicious and probably call me a pervert. You really are an adult. I've been alive for a long time, yet I still act like a kid

                               _______________________________

After awhile, you appeared with my glorious beer. I jokingly got on my knees and prayed to you. You laughed.

Whenever you laugh, it makes my heart beat fast.

We started talking about you finally being a doctor.

"Yeah, working in the hospital is tough, but I'm doing okay. Some of the patients are really nice. It's always fun visiting you, Yukine, Daikoku and Kofuku."

I loved these conversations. I could lay back a little and relax. You always had interesting stories.

                               ______________________________