Chapter 1

*Takes place after Sonic and the Black Knight*
...................................
Merlina hated the blue hedgehog with a passion. Soon after her plans had been foiled and she held the withering flower as tears filled the brims of her eyes, that foolish hedgehog had the audacity to just smile, claiming that "all worlds will eventually have their end." Sonic held Excalibur in his hand, clamored in the silver gauntlet that Merlina had given to him. She craved revenge on the azure hedgehog, and the rest of the Knights as well. Her once magnificent blue eyes still held their rancorous yellow glow. Sonic remained still. His smile started to dissipate as he sensed some kind of spine-chilling presence.

"Merlina?" He asked with caution. A ghoulish puff of smoke appeared from Merlina's back side. The ground started to tremble and Sonic used Excalibur to create a shield. The grass and trees shook violently. Soon, Lancelot, Percival and Gawain ran to be by Sonic's side. They extracted their weapons and prepared for battle but the smoke was soon gone and so was Merlina. Sonic looked to the ground and lowered his sword, the other Knights followed suit. "Well that was weird." Sonic uttered."I would not say it was weird you fool. Merlina did not look at all pleased. She will be back, for all of you, and the kingdom." Excalibur stated. Shadow, or Lancelot in this alternate universe, crossed his arms and turned away. Knuckles also known as Gawain walked away from the group with disdain, raising his bronze visor to reveal his violet eyes.

"I can't believe that the king was nothing but an illusion." He murmured. Lancelot turned back around to face the group.

"The Knights of the round table must now disband." Sonic pushed aside his dark thoughts to speak.

"Why would you do that? Isn't it like I said before? Isn't there more to being a knight then just serving some King?" Lancelot growled.

"That King was our leader. Without him, our kingdom has no future. Unlike you knave, I have promised to protect my kingdom at all costs." Sonic was ready to make a rebuttal when Excalibur started to shake, stopping him from speaking.

"Have you all learned nothing?! I am the one and only Excalibur! I have the power to choose the true king. The only person who could have saved me from that tomb of stone is the real King Arthur." Nimue, the Lady of the Lake, also known as Amy Rose on the planet Mobius, started to smile. The Knights gasped.

"So then..." Lancelot could not continue his thoughts.

"It can't be!" Gawain exclaimed. Percival raised her silver visor and smiled.

"You are the one and true King Arthur!" Sonic's eyes widened.

"Who... Me?!" The Knights of the Round Table bowed to their new king. Lancelot was hesitant but followed the others. As he did so, his ruby eyes met Sonic's emerald orbs. He was not appeased with the new Paladin. Sonic turned his attention back to the Knights. "Hey, cut that out!" He stated.

"As you wish Your Majesty." Gawain stood up from the ground. As soon as the Knights returned to their original positions, Sonic groaned and looked down.

"I never leave a fight without finishing what I started." Excalibur scoffed, earning a dark glare from Sonic. "But... I need to find a way to get back to my planet. I can't stay here forever." Nimue took Sonic's hand in hers.

"Unfortunately Your Majesty, the only person that can bring you back to your time is the one who cast the spell to bring you here."

"Merlina..." Sonic whispered. He knew for a fact that the Dark Queen who tried to kill him and make the kingdom eternal would never grant him any requests. He was out of luck and out of time.