Part 1: Moving Out

Your alarm clock goes off, waking you up. You groan and slam the snooze button. You lazily get up out of bed and get dressed for school. You go to a normal college with an academic scholarship and are getting slightly above average grades. You made many friends last year and you enjoy your time with them. Realizing how late it had gotten, you quickly grab your backpack and rushed out the door.

You arrive at class just in time. Seiji is in his regular seat today. He beckons you over to sit next to him. Seiji is your childhood friend since middle school. In all honesty, he's become quite handsome. He's always been nice to you and when you were younger, whenever you got bullied, he'd always stick up for you. He was your first crush, but you never had the guts to tell him. 

You quickly run over and sit next to him.

"Good morning," he said while staring at you.

"Morning," you mumble back, out of breath.

Seiji notices something wrong. "Rough morning?"

You shake your head. "No, I just spaced out and lost track of time."

"That's unlike you..."

You were about to give him another excuse when class started. First period is algebra. After class is finally over, you and Seiji exit the classroom together and part ways towards your separate classes.

When school is finally over, you start heading home and exit the school gates when Seiji suddenly grabs your hand. 

"We'll always be friends, right? [Name]?"

Frightened, you pull your hand back. You see Seiji startled. He looked hurt for some reason. "I-I'm so sorry, Seiji-kun! I didn't realize it was you!" you say, then immediately start blushing like an idiot. "As for you question earlier, of course we'll always be friends! Why wouldn't we?"

Seiji recovered and blushed as well and said, "Nevermind. I'll walk you home, how's that?"

You ended up being walked home by Seiji. When you arrived at your house, he apologized for frightening you earlier. You easily forgave him. After he saw you wave at him from your window, he went home.

Seiji's POV:

You see [Name] smiling and waving at you from her window on the second floor of her house. Seeing that she's safely inside her house, you turn and leave. You feel sorry for frightening her earlier, and want to make it up to her, but you're not sure how to do it. The last thing you wanted was to hurt her. You've always had feelings for her, you just didn't realize it until early last year. You didn't know how to approach the topic without getting majorly embarrassed so you left it alone for the time being. 

On your way home, you couldn't stop thinking about how cute [Name] was when she blushed earlier. To make up for frightening her, you sent her a text message.

It went like this: 'Hey [Name]! Again, I'm sooo sorry if I frightened you earlier! I don't know what I was thinking! ._.'

Minutes later, you receive a message from here. She forgave you again. How sweet of her!

Your POV:

Minutes after seeing Seiji off, you get a text message. You look to see who it's from. To your surprise, it's Seiji.

'Hey [Name]! Again, I'm sooo sorry if I frightened you earlier! I don't know what I was thinking! ._.'

You smile and write out a reply: 'It's no problem, Seiji-kun! I forgive you, so please don't worry about it! Anyways, thanks for walking me home! Bye! ^_^'

You send your message and got working on your homework.

——Evening——

"Dinner's ready!" You hear your mother shout from downstairs.

"Coming," you shout back.

When you enter the room, you look at your parents and immediately know something is off. Both of your parents never get off of work at the same time. You decide to ask about it.

"So, what're you guys hiding?" I ask flat out.

They were both surprised. Your father recovered first. "Well, we have some news."

I eyed them suspiciously. "Good or bad?"

Your mother sighed. "Bad."

You frown. "Out with it."

"Well..." They glance at each other nervously.

"Make up your minds!"

Your father says, "[Name], I'm sorry this is on just short notice, but..." He takes a deep breath. "You are to go to a prestigious college located in Tokyo and you have to be ready to leave in two days."

Your mind went blank. Two days!? That's so soon! You want to say something like 'No, I don't want to' or 'I refuse to go' but instead, you just sit there with your mouth wide open.

"I'm so sorry that it's on such late notice but--" You cut him off.

"Why?"

Your parents look at you, concerned. "We're so sorry, [Name]!" Your mother explained. "It's just that we have an important business trip involving our job--"

"I understand. It's okay!" I say as enthusiastically as I can. Your parents aren't reassured, but they stay silent. "I'll just...go and start packing my things!"

You get up from the dinner table as fast as you can and bolt upstairs. As soon as you shut the door, you plop on your bed, face first. 

You have friends here, like Seiji, who is your best friend, and if you move away to another college, you'll have to leave them behind. You've always been scared of having no friends until you met Seiji, who never left your side. You don't want to go, but your parents work for the government and their work requires them to travel often, but they've always just let you stay with a friend before now. Why are they sending you off to another school this time? 

You decide that you should start packing and grab out a suitcase. How long are you even staying at that other college? It doesn't matter, you start packing. By the end of the night, you were almost done packing. In the middle of packing, your mother came to check on you. You asked her how long you were going to attend the other school. You weren't happy with her reply. 

Exhausted, you collapse on your bed, staring at the ceiling. 

You let out a sigh. "A whole year, huh?"

You wonder what kind of job your parents have that they'll be gone for a whole year. You've asked before, but all you got was, 'We're so sorry [Name], but mommy and daddy aren't allowed to tell you that.' You eventually gave up on asking and they never volunteered to tell you.

"Goodnight," you whisper and fall asleep.

A/N: That's all for this chapter! I hope you liked it! If you have any requests as to what you want to see later in the story, then just comment or message me! I'm new to writing so please tell me if I need to correct anything in the future. I'm completely open to new ideas! I plan on writing often, but when school starts, I won't have as much time on my hands, so please don't hate me for updating not as frequently! Thanks for reading!