Chapter One

(The picture is what my oc Akita looks like, and so far this story takes place before the exams, about two months before :D~ Author-Chan)
It was a nice beautiful morning outside. The sunrise is just as beautiful as it always is. The oranges, reds, pinks, and blues dance around the sky making a breath taking view. I stand up from my soft, warm bed and stretch. I turn my torso ruftly to the right and hear my back pop, and turn it to the left to hear it pop some more. I look down towards my feet and wiggle my toes. I sighed and walked over to the window and sat down on the window's seal. I rested my head on the glass and watch as the cloudless sky change in color.
After a few minutes I hear a knock on the door. I slightly turned my head to look across the room to where the old wooden door is. As whoever knocked, opened the door as it creeked loudly, and letting light flood into my cold room. I saw Temari pop her head in and look around. She was still in her purple pajamas with her hair down.
As she saw me she softly smiled and said," You should get ready soon, Baki sensei wanted us to go on another mission," I nodded my up and down showing that I understood. Temari smiled again and slowly closed the door. I sighed. I really, I mean really, ​​​​​​​didn't want to go on a mission today. Usually missions don't take longer than a few days, depending on where we're going, because we are such a strong team. Not to brag or anything, but it's true. I just didn't want to get up today. I just felt horrible, not horrible like I was sick, I just had a terrible feeling in my gut. Like something bad was going to happen, and days like these I just want to sleep the bad feeling away.
I looked out the window again and got up. Walking to my closet I picked up my underwear, shorts, fingerless gloves with gold outlines on the wrist area, and my shirt-like coat. It was fully black that has short sleeves with gold outlinings and three gold buckles across the chest area. I slowly trudged to the bathroom that's connected to my bedroom. As I opened the bathroom door I stopped to think about what kind a mission we would be getting. Maybe we have to retrieve something? Or maybe kill some rogues? Any who it won't really matter.
I fully opened the door, walked in, and locked it behind me. As I turned the water on I started humming a random tune, and got a towel. I got undressed and stepped into the shower.
-small time skip brought to you by Gaara's sand castles-
I stepped out of the shower and wrapped my towel around my body. Once I fully dried off I grabbed a binder and wrapped it around my chest. Making sure it was on tightly, I slipped on my underwear and shorts. Then my shirt-coat and gloves. I brushed my teeth then my blue and black hair. Then finally putting my hair into a tight ponytail, with some of my bangs framing my face perfectly.
I walked out of my bathroom into my room, and looked out of the window. The sun is slightly higher, all the reds, oranges, and pinks are clear from the sky. Just solid blue as far as the eye can see. I walked over to my side table and picked up my kunai pouch and wrapped that around my right thigh. After filling it up with kunai, shuriken, and other necessities, I walk out of my room down stairs where I see Gaara and Kankuro waiting. I have to live with the sand siblings until I'm old enough and can afford my own place. I smile at the both of them, while Gaara just looked away.
"Morning Akita! Do you know what's taking Temari so long?" Kankuro nearly yelled. I shooked my head as if to say no. He just mumbled a few uncoherent curses,took off Crow from his back, and walked upstairs. Most likely to see what Temari is doing.
I walked over to the front door were all the shoes are. I quickly and silently slipped my knee high ninja shoes on and sat down on the floor next to the door.
"You know there's a perfectly good couch you could sit on," said a raspy voice. I looked up to see Gaara staring at me.
"I know," I whispered. I was so quite I could hardly hear myself talk, and surprisingly Gaara heard me.
"Then why not sit on it," Came his raspy voice again. I just shrugged as a response. I honestly didn't know why I sat on the floor. Gaara just hummed. Facing me he leaned his shoulder against the wall and just stared. Feeling a small blush start to rise to my checks I quickly looked down, my shoes apparently being the most amazing thing in the world right now.
After a few moments Kankuro and Temari came down the stairs. Temari walked up next to me putting her own shoes on, as everyone else already has their shoes on, and Kankuro put Crow back on is back. Temari then reached her hand over to open up the door. I quickly stood up to get out of the doors path and walked outside into the blazing heat behind Temari, with Kankuro behind me and Gaara taking the rear end. We quickly walked to the Kazekage building, and saw Baki sensei standing there waiting for us. As we finally reached him he didn't even say a word and walked inside with all of us trailing behind him.
We had to walk many flights of stairs to get to the top of the Kazekage building, to actually get to the Kazekage. On the way up, Gaara and I had to ignore many ugly and frightful stares we got from the ninjas guarding the place. They don't know what it's like to have demons sealed into them. Maybe if they knew the pain, the struggle then maybe they'll learn to accept us. Maybe then we can be seen as normal people. Maybe then we can be truely loved.
"Akita are you coming or what?" Baki growled at me. You could practically hear the vemon dripping from each single word. I was so caught up in my thoughts I didn't realize I stopped walking. I looked up to see my team giving me questionable looks. I quickly mumbled a quite sorry, and started walking up morw stairs. Once I was almost in front of Baki, he grabbed my arm and yanked me back. He yanked my arm so hard that I even lost my balance and started to fall. I braced myself for the many bruises to come, but didn't feel the cold hardness of the stairs below me. Instead, I felt a warm stiff body and two hands on my waist holding me still. I looked up to see Gaara holding me with an ever so slightly blushed face, even though his expression was stotic.
I felt my face immediately heat up, and I quickly moved away from him, mumbling multiple apologies. I looked down at my feet, and shifted my weight to my left foot. I heard Baki scoff, and looked up. He started to move up the stairs with Temari following behind him, and Kankuro behind her. I stole a quick glance to Gaara and hurried behind Kankuro.
That was so embarrassing! I'm a ninja for crying out loud! I'm supposed to conceal my emotions, and what kind of ninja looses their balance!?! I softly sighed. This was awful.
After a minute or two of walking we finally made it to the Kazekage's office. Baki knocked on the door, quite hard. A moment later I heard a 'come in' from the Kazekage. Baki opened the double doors, and we all filled into the room. I had the unfortunate luck of having to stand right next to Gaara with Kankuro to my right.
The Kazekage, the siblings' father, looked up from his paperwork and looked at all of us, " Your mission is a very important one. As you all may or may not know the Chunin Exams is being held in Konoha. I want all four of you to go."
"That's awesome, we get to be Chunin! Don't worry Pops we'll blow everyone out of the water!" The puppet master yelled with a lit up face. Hell, even I'm excited! We finally get to be ranked up from Genin.
"Kankuro! How many times do I have to tell you that you have to address me as Lord Fourth or Kazekage in my office," The Kazekage yelled, " you didn't even let me finish speaking. You all are not going to be Chunin."
WHAT! Then why send us out there to the exam if you're not even letting us become Chunin. That's a waste of our time! Come on!
Lord Fourth looked at all of our shocked faces,minus Gaara and Baki, and opens his mouth to speak more, "This mission I'm sending you lot on is very, very, important. We are going to destroy the Leaf Village. You four are going in and going to participate in the exams. There are at least three different rounds that you have to pass because I'm sure if one of you fails, then all of you fall. Once you enter the third exam I want you all to wait for a single, and when you see that single Gaara and Akita are going to release the demons inside them and destroy the leaf and kill the Third Hokage."
I can't release my demon yet! I don't even know what my demon sounds like, let alone what it looks like! How in the world am I going to do this? What would happen if I can't do this?
"But sir, Akita can't unleash her demon yet!" Temari spoke up for me. Thank the Lord, but Lord Fourth didn't seem too pleased with her speaking out of turn.
"Well, let's hope she can release it...Or else. Dismissed!"
We left the office and headed to the first floor. On the way down Kankuro started talking, "It should take about a day and a half to reach the boarder and a day and a half to get to the Leaf. So at the very most this will take five days to get there.,"
"Well no shit Kankuro," grumbled Temari. I lightly chuckled at their little shenanigans. I was worried sick. What if I couldn't pull this off? What would happen to me? As I walked through our village I saw kids, teenagers, adults, just basically everyone either giving me and Gaara glares or turning away. Why couldn't they see that we're just people like them?
When we finally made it to the gates, Baki turned around to us, glared at me, and nodded towards everyone else. "Everyone go back to your house and get all your needed supplies. We'll meet back here in an hour. Go."
Temari, Gaara, Kankuro, and me sped off towards the direction of our house. Seriously, what would happen to me if I couldn't complete this mission? Would they actually kill me, but that would release the demon, Siddun. Unless, they had someone else they would seal Siddun into. But who would give up their easy life for one of terror and loneliness.
I started to slow down once I saw the house. I eventually slowed to a walk, and walked up to the door. I reached my left hand to my back pocket and grabbed the house key. I looked behind me to see that no one was behind me. Did I take a wrong turn or something??? I put my key in the keyhole and turned it. Click. Okay, so this is our house. I just shrugged and walked in. I took my shoes off, and then heard the door open behind me. I turned around and saw the sand siblings walk in.
"Jeez Akita, you didn't have to run so fast we have an hour to get ready," Kankuro said taking in huge breathes in between each word. I look towards the other siblings and they're just as out of breath as Kankuro.
"O-oh, sorry," I once again whisper. No matter how hard I try I can never talk above a whisper. I have no idea why.
Gaara finally seemed to catch his breath and ruffly said," It's fine Akita. Lets just go get ready." We all nodded and walked up to our rooms.
I grabbed another pouch to put medical supplies in like: gaze wrappings, band aids, cleaning alcohol, and ect. I walked over to my bed an crouched down. I pulled out a long rectangle case out of under my bed. I opened it to reveal my twin swords. The hilts were black with gold markings, while the blade itself was a bright silver. I took the swords out of their case and onto my bed. I then reach over to my side table with my left hand and open the drawer. I took out the leather wrappings for my swords and strapped it around my chest. Then put the swords behind my back into the leather wrapping.(Sorry I have no idea what the wrappings for the swords are called, but Akita has her swords on her back like DeadPool's) I walked down stairs to put my shoes on.
"Hey you want to go ahead and walk to the gates?" A voice asked. I literally jumped two feet into the air! Ohmehgawd! I turned around and saw Gaara sitting on the couch. Putting a hand over my heart a slowly nodded my head up and down. He walked over towards me and put his own shoes on, and held the door open for me. I smiled at him and walked out, with him following right after me.
We walked casually through the village, and only saw some old kind looking ladies sitting drinking what I think is tea. We continued walking in silence until I heard one of the old ladies talk.
"Aw would you look at those two, Tiffany. Reminds me of when we were younger, going on dates with cute boys like him. They must be having a nice date though. It's a beautiful day out!" My face instantly lit up a bright shade of red. We weren't on a date! We were just walking to the village's gates!
Then the other woman, Tiffany, growled out, "Don't you recognize who those two are? Those two have the demons sealed inside them! How could the Kazekage let those two around each other! Who knows what they're planing on doing!" Upon hearing that I looked down. My hair was thankfully covering my mt tear fulled eyes. I should be used to the rude comments like those, but it still hurt a lot.
"Shut up, or I'll kill you," came out an angry voice, which I knew belonged to Gaara. I looked over to him and saw that he looked incredibly pissed off. He then did what I never would think he would do in a million years: grabbed my hand. He interlocked our fingers together and stormed off, dragging me along with him. About a minute or so later we made it to the gates. He let go of my hand, sadly, and mumbled an apology.
"It's ok-" I was then interrupted by the loud Kankuro, "HEY! What took you guys so long? Y'all left before us, yet you're the last to get here," Temari then elbowed him in the side and told him to can it.
Baki cleared his throat to get our attention, and nodded, singling that the mission had begun and we needed to go. We all started to run towards our destination: Konoha.
«Note from Author-Chan» I really hope you all liked the first chapter. If you see any mistakes in this chapter or any chapters up ahead please tell me! I also posted this on Quotev.