Chapter Three

"Y-yeah. I'm fine just another nightmare," I said.
"You want to talk about it? I've heard talking about things makes one feel better," Gaara replied, gently putting his hand on my clammy one. Shaking my head left and right, I took a deep breath. Just breathe. I sighed and looked into his sea foam eyes. His eyes widen slightly with his ears turning a bright shade of red. I glanced down at his soft pink lips then back to his eyes. He looked into my eyes with a hesitant look. I smiled at him slightly and started to lean in. Gaara seemed more convenient, and started to lean in as well. I tilted my head slightly to get in a better position. We were only an inch away. He was just so close yet so far away.
"Akita you need to get ready for the exam. Its going to be held at their academy room 301, third floor. It starts at 4 this afternoon. It's already 10 so get up. Don't be late!" Baki Sensei yelled. I guess he finally realized that me and Gaara were having a moment because he cleared his throat awkwardly and silently closed the door.
"Uh. I'll just let you get dressed," Gaara said awkwardly and removed his hand from mine. He started walking to my door. Was he not okay with kissing me? Was I taking it too far? Oh meh gawd! Uh what do I say?? Oh right the erm letter!
"Um Gaara?" He turned around with an invisible raised,"are we erm.. still going to the flower shop?" I reached up towards the note and showed him.
His eyes widened slightly and said, "Oh yeah, yeah. Definitely. I'll meet you in the front of the hotel," Gaara then opened the door and briskly walked out.
I let out a sigh of relief. That could of gone worse. Grabbing my necessities for a shower, I walked in the bathroom and looked into the mirror. I looked absolutely horrible!
After taking a shower, brushing my teeth, putting my hair in a poney tail, and doing my other morning routines I walked out of my room. Not wanting to make Gaara wait any longer, I ran through the hotel and outside. I stopped and looked to my left. Seeing him leaning against the wall with his eyes closed instantly made a smile grow on my face. I walked over to him and went to tap his shoulder to get his attention, but his sand. Stopped me from touching him. I gasped in shock making his eyes shoot open. Once realizing it was me, he made the sand let go of my arm and hand.
"I'm sorry, I don't really have control over my sand most of the time. Are you alright? Did I hurt you?" Gaara asked worriedly. His voice was still raspy and deep, but hearing him all worried made him sound really cute.
"I'm fine Gaara. You didn't harm me, just scared me that all," I said with the biggest smile. What can I say? I'm excited.
Looking away, Gaara outstretched his hand and mumbled, "Shall we?" Nodding my head eagerly, I grabbed his left hand and intertwined our fingers. He turned his head slightly and with a blushed  face he gave me a really small smile . I smiled back at him.
We walked around the rather large village for a few minutes, looking at all sorts of things. Like shops, restaurants, villagers, and landmarks. We finally made it to the flower shop we saw yesterday and walked in. There was a young girl with bright blonde hair who looked around our age.
"Welcome! I'm Ino! What are you two looking for today?" The blonde asked.
"Oh, um, we're just looking. Thank you though," I said sweetly. I wanted to make as many friends here as possible. If I can't make friends at my village, why not at another village? Ino just nodded her head and went back to painting her nails.
I slowly let go of Gaara's hand and started looking around the petite shop. It was rather cute with random flowers everywhere. I walked around trying to find my favorite flowers. Iris. I absolutely loved them. There aren't any flowers in Suna, but I still loved them. Turning left I saw them. They looked so pretty! I eagerly walked over to them and stared at them with wide eyes. I then heard a light chuckle behind me, so I turned around. I saw Gaara standing rather close to me with a content smile on his face. I blushed a very light shade of pink and turned back to the flowers.
I felt Gaara warm breathe on the side of my neck as he whispered "Its a little pass 1. We should head somewhere to eat," I shivered and nodded my head up and down. Saying our goodbyes to Ino, we left the small shop in hopes of finding a nice place to eat. After about five minutes of wondering around the streets we found a small corner coffee shop, and decided to walk in and eat there. We walked in and instally I smelled the strong scent of coffee and delicious pastries.
I noticed Gaara staring off to his right with an invisible eyebrow raised. Raising my own eyebrow I gently nudged his shoulder getting his attention. He just smiled and lead me to the left of the coffee shop and into a booth.
A young woman with dark brown hair and grey-blue eyes walked over to our booth. Smiling at us she kindly said, "Hi! Welcome to the White Lily! I'm May, and I'll be your waitress today," she then set down two menus in front of us, "I'll come back in a few minutes to take y'all's order," She then turned around grabbed a bagel, pancakes, and two cups of coffee, and walked to the other side of the shop to give it to some other customers.
I turned around and picked up my menu and looked through it. Hmmm. Having a coffee before the exam would be nice, exceptionally sence I had such a restless sleep last night. Looking through the menu some more, I started having trouble deciding on weither to get chocolate chip pancakes or a turkey sandwich. Hmmmmm.
Looking up from my menu and groaned, "UGHHHH. Gaara~! I need some help," he looked up from his menu to give me a questionable look, "I can't decide wheither to get chocolate chip pancakes or a turkey sandwich,"
Keeping a straight face, Gaara calmly said, "Then get a pancake sandwich," I immediately stopped my whining and looked at him straight in the eyes. He still had his calm demeanor and everything. What the hell?
"Are you serious? Are you serious right now? Gaara, oh my God," I face palmed. Just really? Since he said pancake first, I'm just going to go with the chocolate chip pancakes.
May walked up to us with a notepad and said, "Are you two ready? I can come back later if you're not,"
"Um, I'm ready. What about you Gaara?"
"I'm ready," he replied.
After May took our orders I decided to talk, "That was one of the worst jokes I've ever heard. I know we're friends and all and I'm supposed too to back you up, but I seriously can't do that when you pull lame ass jokes," I deadpanned. He only slowly chuckled at my response.
"H-hey! What are you laughing at? I'm being serious!" I yelled, but ended up laughing towards the end. This is nice. Just joking around, and having a good time. I gently smiled at Gaara. This is lovely.
"Alrighty. Here's y'all's food. If you guys need anything tell me," May said while setting down our cups and food.
"U-uh Akita?" Gaara asked with an ever so slightly blushes face. I hummed in response while stuffng my face with the delicious pancakes. I heard the door's bell jingle singling that either someone left or came in.
"I-I was, um, wondering if y-you would like to g-" Gaara was suddenly interrupted by a certain puppeteer, "Yo, having a nice morning? You'll never guess what just happened to me,"
Sighing I replied with, "What is it Kankuro?"
"I was just on a date," he stated proudly. Kankuro on a date? I know he's a big flirt, but we haven't even been here for a full twenty-four hours!
"Who was you're date?" I asked curiously.
"Oh, no other than Akira!" Kankuro yelled excitedly. He was with who?!?!
"Kankuro! You do realize that she's my sister!" I yelled.
"Yeah I do! And the last time I checked you said 'You've told me what I needed to know, and that's all I need from you'" The pale puppet master replied with a horrible impression of me.
"I didn't mean that! How would you feel if you figured out that you had a sister you've never heard of before, and all the loneliness and suffering you've been put through was because of your own father!" I fumed.
Kankuro slammed his hand down on the table and stood up, "Really? You didn't mean it? Don't make me laugh! Of course you meant it, why else would you say that?!"
Tears brimming my eyes, I also stood up and yelled, "Shut up! You don't know how it's like! Just try, try," I said a little desperately, "imagine what it's like to be in my shoes. You've seen how all the villagers look at me and Gaara... I've seen the way you and Temari look at us," I looked up to stare Kankuro in the eyes only to see them closed. Sighing I laid some money on the table, and gave Gaara the best smile I could muster. I angerly walked over to the doors, and told the boys I would meet them at the exams.
Looking at the clock that shows that the time was 3:50 in the afternoon, I opened the shop's door and let it close behind me. I walked about half a block before sitting down on a bench. I took my hair down and ran my hands through it. It's a weird thing I do when I'm stressed. Sighing, I looked downwards towards my face, and felt tears prick my eyes. I quickly whipped my eyes, and sucked in a quick breath. Alright, I just need to focus on breathing. I'll be alright. I'm fine. Don't worry about it too much. Kankuro is just being a harmonial teenager. He wasn't thinking. He didn't mean it. Taking one last deep breath , I stood up and started walking towards the academy.
When I reached the academy my eyes widen to the size of dinner plates. That place is huge! It was three stories big! Wow! I sent chakra to the soles of feet, and started walking up the wall. Disregarding there being a a genjuzu in the second floor I reached an open window on the third floor. I slipped into the hallway, and look around. At the end of the hall I saw a Leaf Ninja with white-ish/grey-ish hair that defies gravity standing in front of the exam room. His only visible eye widen when he saw me. I just nodded at him and opened the double doors. I took a good look around at everyone. None of them looked like they were going to cause me trouble. Great, this should be a piece of cake. I saw Gaara towards the middle of all the other ninjas and decided to walk over and sit next to him. I gave him a small smile, and looked around at the the ninjas some more.
After a minute or so of looking around I felt an arm wrap around my waist. Jumping slightly, I look up towards Gaara only to see him glaring at something. More like someone. I turn my gaze towards were he was looking only to see Kiba with an unconvinced look. I raised my own eyebrow at the situation, and turn back to Gaara only to be met by his lips. Slowly melting into the kiss, I wrapped my arms around his neck. I gently bit on his bottom lip, and heard him grunt in response. I felt him slightly open his lip, so I did too, but before anything could happen the double doors opened and scared the crap out of me.
The double doors revealed Team 7. I jumped from the sudden noise, and broke the kiss. I unwrapped my arms from Gaara's neck with an extremely red face. How bright my face was brought Gaara's hair to shame! Gaara only squeezed my side with the same hand that was wrapped around my waist.
This blonde girl, Ino from the flower shop, suddenly jumped onto duck-butt's back, hasn't this girl ever heard of personal space? He clearly looks uncomfortable. The pinky and blonde started yelling at each other and made a scene. I sighed and leaned my head on Gaara's shoulder, in hopes to get a little bit more sleep before the exam starts. Kahona's ninjas are really annoying.
I woke up by Gaara perking up. Interested in what he's so interested in, I opened my eyes and looked towards where he was looking at. I saw a white haired older looking Leaf ninja explaining what skill cards are. Duck-butt then asked the ninja for cards about me, Gaara, and a kid named Rock Lee.
Oh hell no! Nobody is going to be snooping for information about me or Gaara in front of us. I used a quick one-handed hand sign and teleported over to the group of Leaf Shinobi. I snatched mine and Gaara's cards, and glared at the white haired ninja. I flipped out cards in between my fingers and used a fire jutsu to burn them.
"Feisty. That's alright though. I was quite interested about you Sand ninja that I've memorized your information already. Your Akita. You're in a pretty sweat relationship with Gaara at the moment," my cheeks instantly lit up from that comment," You two have Kankuro and Temari on your team. No idea on how many D-Ranked missions you two have been on, eight C-Ranked, and one B-Ranked mission. But somehow you've gotten through all of them without a single scratch, and sadly since your all the way out in the desert I couldn't get anymore information about you," I scoffed at his comment, and walked back to Gaara, retaking my seat from before. And Gaara retaking his arm around my waist. I tossed the remaining ashes of the cards onto the table, and rested my head on Gaara's shoulder. I glared at the Leaf ninja again only to receive a smile back. I made a disgusted look, and was about to close my eyes again until I saw some Sound Ninja jump and attack that Leaf Ninja... I like these guys. The one who was covered in bandages went to hit him, but sadly he dodged. Then his glasses broke and he started throwing up... Wait.. What?
Then a loud boom sound went through the room and around and around sixteen adult ninja appeared with the one in the middle yelling, "Would all of you please shut up!" Well, at least he said please. He then explained some ground rules then told us to get a random number. That number would determine where someone would sit. Dear Kami help me. We're taking a paper test.
Gaara noticed my nervousness, and grabbed my hand. He leaned toward my ear and whispered, "I'll send my sand over to form whatever the answers are, alright?" He kissed my temple trying to calm my nerves. I nodded my head, took a number, and went to sit down. I hardly noticed a small group of sand crawling up my leg and into my clenched hand. After about five minutes Akira walks up and sits down next to me.
Taking in a deep breath, I turned towards Akira and said, "I'm sorry about yesterday. I don't know what came over me. I swear I'm not usually like that. Please forgive me," I pleaded. She just sighed turned to me and said...