Chapter 3.

REAPERCUSSIONS

Beth soon wakes up. She looks around. "Lincoln?" She calls out. "No, no." She looks next to her and see Octavia waking up

"O, come on. Wake up." She says, the younger girl looks around, noticing Lincoln not with them.

"Did they take him?" She asks Beth.

Beth nods. "Yeah, but we're gonna get him back." She tells Octavia. "I can't lose him, not again."

"If you fall down you get left behind. We gotta stop the raiding party before they reach the tunnels. You all know what happens if we don't. After that it is-" Indra says and notices the two girls standing off to the side.

"You're going after the reapers, Lincoln taught me to fight, let me help." Beth says.

"Kill them." Indra says.

Octavia and Beth run away from Indra's warriors. Many of them are shot down by arrows as they both make it safely behind a tree. The two girls look at each other, wide eyed.

Octavia and Beth are running through the forest. Beth catches sight of Indra and the other Trikru. She stops Octavia and they hide a little ways away but still able to hear them

"If they took the Southern Pass we should be able to head them off before the tunnel." Penn, a grounder, tells them.

"Shut up. The trees are listening." Indra says, confusing Beth. She looks at Octavia and mouths "The trees?" Octavia shrugs.

They follow the Trikru to one of the Reaper tunnels. Beth and Octavia were hiding behind a bush, trying not to get caught. The Trikru are gathered outside of the Reaper tunnel.

"The entrance to the tunnel is here. We will ambush them here." Indra says.

"This is your plan. Tomac is wounded, Artigas is just a boy-" Penn gets cut off, from the boy.

"They took my father. I can fight." He says.

"Can you fight a Reaper?" Penn asks the boy.

"Stop!" Indra commands. "We strike from the shadows when they start to feed on our bait."

"So I'm the bait?" Artigas asks Indra.

"No, you are a warrior, they're the bait." Indra says and looks over at the bush. Octavia and Beth walk out. They look at each other.

"We're not afraid." Beth tells them.

"You will be." Indra says.

They are now near the Reapers, being the bait.

The Reapers are approaching them. They bait them as the Woods Clan shoots them down. One comes to attack Beth and Indra kills him. She nods thankfully at Indra and goes to the grounders on the log.

"Lincoln!" She exclaims as she begins to remove sacks from the heads of various grounders.

"Where's Lincoln? Please! Was Lincoln with you?" Beth asks Nyko, worried and scared. Nyko shakes his head.

All the other prisoners are freed as Beth sobs and screams as she leans on a tree. Octavia looks at her sadly as she watches her best friend cry.

Beth is still in the Woods Clan territory, along with Octavia. Nyko approaches them. "If you're gonna kill us get it over with." Beth says to him.

"You prove yourself well, Beth of the sky people, we'll let you live. You as well Octavia of the sky people." Nyko says. He takes her hand pulling her up. "Lincoln was a good man, he was my brother." Beth nods.

"Thank you." She says.

Beth and Octavia were later with the grounders. They aren't killing them. Beth was sitting by the statue in front of the village when Octavia comes back. She has different clothes with her and a bag of other stuff.

"What is that?" Beth asks.

"Grounder clothes and I went and found Lincolns stuff for you." Octavia says and hands some of the clothes to her and the bag.

"Thank you." Beth says.

"Always. Here get dressed. I'll do your hair after, then you can do mine." Octavia says.

"Becoming grounders?" Beth asks.

"Maybe right now that's the best thing for us." Octavia says. Beth nods agreeing.

"Okay." Beth says.

Hey, another short chapter. I'm sorry. They will get longer soon. But what do you guys think? Beth/Octavia moments in there mostly. Please comment. Thanks for reading. Bye.

-Kelly.