[1:] How It All Began

honestly don't remember my life even before I met my friend. We met during the third year of highschool. I was seventeen at the time, and she's of the same age. She was a transferee from Japan. Not really used to the Western ways, but with my friend's help, Alfred, she got along.

My name? Arthur Kirkland, aged 23, I work at a local cafe and this is my story, written in ink and feelings.

----

It was the first day of school. I've been in the same school for three years, with the plan of graduating here as well, at King Richard's Grammar School. It's big and tremendous, with the best teachers teaching to their finest. You could learn a lot in this school. And in here, there are many competitors, and I'm one of the big catches. In fact, I am the biggest catch.
Three clubs: Football - or soccer, whatever you Americans choose to call it - archery, and the Student Body. And each one of them, I'm the leader. And with them, I get a lot of unwanted attention.
Compliments here and there, letters from there and here and such. Teachers love me, too! But not in an inappropriate way, of course. Maybe I am saying too much now, so I'll stop.
Anyways, I find my family forum room, which is in the A block, 13th room. I went and saw the the room is already unlocked. I went inside and saw Alfred with a girl I've never seen before. Is that his new girlfriend? I ignore them and went to sit in my seat, which is usually at the front by the window. I like the view by the window. You have a nice view of the garden, and it's spring! Flowers are blooming, the grass is fresh, it's just relaxing every morning.
I try to check my schedule but then again, I wouldn't be left unnoticed, especially by this guy.
"Dude!" Alfred called out loudly and I turned my head at him with a cold glare.
"What is it?" I asked and both Alfred and the girl made their way towards my seat. Without actually realising it, I started taking note of the girl.
She has pale skin, first of all, and is not very tall, but she's fine. Rosy cheeks and long, battering and trembling eyelashes. She has unreadable brown eyes with small spots of yellow in them, and they spark mischievously. Her lips are pink, glossy lips, but I noticed she isn't wearing any lipgloss either. I guess it's natural. Good for her, unlike the other bimbos out there. Her small fingers that fiddle with the sleeve of her Jersey soon grasped the back of her right hand and I realised she's clasping her hands together. She has short, glossy black hair and a pink flower tucked in her left ear. I squinted my eye at it and suddenly muttered out a word. "S.. saku.. sakura? That flower." Both of them were taken aback, but Alfred had a grin on his face.
"I thought you already knew her!" Laughed Alfred and gave him a quick glare. I look back up at the lady and stood up.
"I'm sorry. I'm Arthur Kirkland. You're Japanese, aren't you?" I inquired and held my hand out, "a new student?" I added. I only realised that since I don't remember anyone looking similar to her around campus.
She nodded with a small, sweet smile and grasped my hand gently as if it's delicate as porcelain. Like one of the tea sets I have at home. Her skin is soft, too. We shook hands as she introduced herself.
"Yes, I'm Japanese. My name is Sakura Honda. It's nice to meet you," she said in a soft voice, the Japanese accent clearly obvious.
"It's nice meeting you too," I gave a smile back and pulled my hand away, but not too suggestive that she would think I'm being rude.
"I'm the president of the Student Body. Do you mind if I show you around before class?" We still have forty minutes left before the bell rings.
She gave a small nod and showed me her schedule. Blimey! She's all in my classes, so it wouldn't be too hard to show her around.
I smiled and looked up at her. "Let's have fun?" I asked and she nodded. I gave her back at Alfred and he kept grinning.
"You're welcome," I said and Alfred went away.
"I'll see you too later! And bye, Sakura! Don't worry about his eyebrows, they're natural!" I snarled at him and he winked and left the room in a rush with his bag. Sakura chuckled and turned to look at me.
"Did he have something else planned for today?" I nodded and sat back down on my seat. She sat on the desk in front of me.
"Yes. He has rugby practice and exchange for today. And this morning, his team are having a meeting and he can't be late. After all, he's the rugby star." I shrugged and looked back up at him.
"Do you mind staying at the football field at lunch? We have football practice today, too," Sakura nodded, still smiling.
"Of course. I'm sorry to bother the two of you," she apologised and I really don't see the point.
"There's no need. I don't mind, anyways. New students are my responsibilities and besides, I kind of would like company once in a while." I said and started to sling the straps of my backpack on my shoulders and stand up.
"Let's start on the trip, shall we?"