T H R E E ; I D ✗ W H A T I L ✗ V E

Sometimes Brynn forgot just how beautiful Los Angeles could be. She supposed it had something to do with the first time she'd properly spent time there being shooting in an abusive, dramatised environment in her tweens instead of seeing the amazing beaches and gorgeous parks and buildings. She really should've taken more note of the sights back then, back when she walk ten metres without getting asked for a photo and an Instagram follow.

"What sort of ice cream do you want, Brynn?"

Brynn snapped out of her daze, realising she'd splattered sand all over her skirt. They'd just finished up shooting, ending the day on Santa Monica beach. "Tiramisu," she told Jeanne after a moment of thought. They always went out for ice cream after photos, and while Brynn loved twirling around in the dresses and posing like a supermodel, the "after party" was always her favourite part of the day when with Miss Behave. "Or banana. I don't mind,"

"Cone or cup?"

"Cone, definitely cone,"

"Your taste in ice cream is so pretentious," Jaycee nudged her side with her elbow. "I'll have chocolate,"

Brynn grinned, sticking out her tongue. "I'm sorry that I have a refined palette while you're stuck with basic taste buds,"

"Chocolate," Bostyn agreed, nodding her short hair with vigour.

"Cone?"

"Cone."

That sent all the girls into fits of giggles. Apart from actually taking photos, that's what they had been doing all day: laughing, having fun, and being kids, the last of which was hard for most of them. Sitting on the beach, Brynn could almost imagine she - they all - were just normal teenagers, and that the homecoming dresses they were sporting would be the one they wore in spring when the time came. They'd all dance around in the same hall (despite the fact that those who still went to proper school went to different ones), ditching their dates to awkwardly disco-dance together. Jaycee would win homecoming queen, though afterwards jealousy would cause some people to say it was a pity toss because of her hip, and Taylor and Todd would win cutest couple. Olivia and Tate would share the prize for best dressed (if that was even a thing. Brynn had no idea.), based on what they wearing right then.

Brynn would be fine to just stand in the crowds and cheer her friends' names - unless she was performing, the stage had never been the place for her.

"Can I go buy them?" Brynn asked as Jeanne collected the last of the orders, feeling the sudden urge to do something normal, even though she'd bought herself a sorbet a few days before.

Brynn quieted up at Jeanne, who stood directly in front of the sun. She couldn't see the designer's face, but she clearly didn't think it was that good an idea. Whenever Brynn had bought something on her own, she'd had her bodyguards right by her side. Before the photoshoot though, she'd told Andrea she didn't want them around. After an argument, they'd compromised - the guards would come on the outside part of the shoot, but they had to remain a good distance away from the Miss Behave group. Carl and Louis were currently sipping coffee in one of the quaint little coffees, not inconspicuous at all in their heavy black uniforms among the summer-clad beach goers. While Jeanne had been an actor in her youth, she'd never had the same exposure as Brynn had.

Brynn clutched her hands together in a plea. "Please-e-e!" The parlour was completely visible from their place on the shore, so she didn't see how it could be dangerous.

Jeanne huffed out, submitting to Brynn. "Take someone with you, and don't talk to people. Your manager will have my head if anything happens to you," The blonde couldn't help but be reminded of the many times Andrea had referred to her as "precious cargo".