Real Life

Stiles and Lydia spent their lazy Sunday together, cuddling and stealing kisses during their Star Wars marathon. The only long breaks were taken to eat or to brush their teeth.

During lunch, Stiles pulled out his camera and snuck pictures of Lydia  when she wasn't giggling and hiding her face. She was saved by the bell when Derek called her to set up an interview at La Moira's. They had scheduled it for the following afternoon, on Monday.

Later, after dinner, Lydia decided how she would go about her plans the next day. Stiles told her about his photography class early in the morning and how he had to complete his portfolio, not shedding too much detail on his last assignment. The couple prepared to return to their normal lives as their weekend came to a close and Stiles took Lydia back home.

"I hope class goes well for you tomorrow." Lydia encouraged him, unbuckling her seatbelt. Stiles nodded. "And I hope the same for your interview. It's good you're going for something you love." She grinned at him. "Yeah. It's about time." He smiled, a blush creeping up his cheeks. "Goodnight, Lydia." She leaned forward to place a quick kiss on his lips. "Goodnight, Stiles."

-----------------------------------

Stiles readjusted the strap on his camera bag as he stepped into the large classroom. Students were taking their seats around him while the professor set up his laptop on the desk in front of him.

Stiles approached him. "Professor Deucalion." The man looked up at his student over the rim of his glasses. "Ah! Mr. Stilinski. I'm assuming you have your assignment completed. How can I help you?" Stiles sighed, scratching the back of his neck before replying. "Actually, that's... Sort of what I wanted to talk to you about. I can't complete the assignment like you asked." Deucalion tilted his head in confusion, standing up straighter. "What do you mean, you can't? What's the problem?"

Stiles took a deep breath, looking at the floor. "Here's the thing... Every moment that has actually taken my breath away in the past week, I can't bring myself to share. I could fake it and bring in a photo of a sunset or something typical, but I just can't. I can't lie to better my grade and anything I could bring in otherwise, I just... Those moments are for me. Not my portfolio. I'm sorry. Is there any way I can make up for it?" The professor smiled, stepping forward to cross his arms and lean against his desk. "There's no need, Mr. Stilinski. You just aced your assignment."

Stiles' eyes widened in shock. "Wh-what?" Deucalion chuckled, standing back up on his feet. "Son, you will have clients throughout your career that will want you to capture moments that shouldn't be shared. It will be up to you to decide then what kind of artist you are in every situation. Not every beautiful thing you see needs to be photographed for a profit, or even for a place in your portfolio. The assignment wasn't just another picture to take, it was about your decision. You needed to figure out what kind of photographer you are, and now you know. You didn't back down from your choice, and you get full points. Well done."

He patted Stiles on the shoulder and politely sent him to his seat, before starting class. Stiles went to take his desk in the back, walking a little taller than before.

___________________________
A/N: This is like a mini chapter, I know, but I just couldn't wait to write the scene with Stiles photography class. 😍

-Anie <3