~ukiyo~

________________
~ ukiyo - literally "the floating world" - living in the moment, detached from the bothers of life.
________________

I remember walking all alone through the shady corridors of the high school next day. It was a pleasant summer morning and a natural smile played on my lips due to the warm memory of yesterday. My camera hung in my neck and I could feel her photograph in the pocket of my ripped jeans. A soft longing stretched in my heart and my eyes searched for her delicate silhouette everywhere.

That's when I heard a faint symphony coming out of an open door ahead. It was a faded melody and became clearer as I neared its source. Curiosity gripped my heart so I peeked inside the room.

It was a large shaded hall with floor-to-ceiling windows over which net curtains rustled by the light summer breeze that brought in the scent of fresh wild flowers and in the middle of this nostalgic and vintage scenario was serenity.

Spinning en pointe, she was painting one of the most beautiful memories on the canvas of my mind. Light as air, she swirled around and around the room, dancing to a soft piece of music that dissolved magic in the air. Her arms stretched beautifully as she swayed and let herself float with the symphony. Letting the music take over her soul that day, she sketched beauty on my heart that I can feel even today..

Without a second thought, I brought my camera to my eye and clicked another lovely shot that still holds my universe

A withered photograph of Faye Pearl, the ballerina of my dreams..

Author's Note

The song for this chapter is Photograph by Ed Sheeran. *-*

How was this update? :) Don't forget to vote and comment. ♥♡

Much Love xX
Hazel ^-^