16 - December 3 / December 4 - Day 3 / Day 4

DJ had introduced me to many people. Ladybug had taken care of a barfing Lady Wifi. I'd pulled a touchy prank. I was surprised to feel Ladybug's lack of resistance when I held her around the shoulders. "So.... are you having fun?" I inquired.

"As much as one can have when their friend needs... mental support, the other pulls an innocent prank and reminds one of their de-... I'm having some fun." Ladybug succumbed.

Who or what had I reminded her of? "Oh... Who did you say I reminded you of?" I tried.

"Um... well, my friend. Or ex-friend... not sure how the past tense works." Ladybug shrugged.

"Past tense?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"She died." Ladybug shrugged.

I blinked rapidly. "What... oh.. um... I'm sorry to hear that." I said, scratching my head.

"It happens. She drank alcohol sometimes. Passed out on my couch one day, when we woke up, she didn't." Ladybug shrugged.

I was taken aback by her forwardness. Speechless, I pulled the girl into a hug. "Ladybug..." I said, resting my chin atop her head.

She gripped my blazer tightly. "H-her name was Tikki and she was my best friend and we did everything together and she promised me that she'd never drink again but then she did and she died." Ladybug rushed out in a breath.

"Ladybug, shh. It's over. It's okay." I said, trying to calm her.

But she was already calm. She was just expressing something. "I know, it's just... She didn't even drink that much. Maybe on her birthday. Maybe at a Christmas party. But she never did when I was uncomfortable. I remember her taking a sip from a cup at some house party to prove she was cool on her last night. But that was it. Just a sip. Could've been strong, could've been spiked." Ladybug said, shaking her head.

"H-... how long ago was this?" I asked cautiously.

"During the summer. We stopped going to the same school this year. She just wanted to hang out." Ladybug smiled nostalgically. 

Reaching up, Ladybug rubbed her eyes. She sighed. Then sighed again. "I'm tired, Chat. Are you?" She inquired.

"Hmm... yeah, I guess so." I smiled gently.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" Someone yelled on the stage set up at the front of the hall.

Cheers erupted. "Welcome to our second gathering!" More whoops and hollers. "Now, we just wanted to call this so that everyone can get to know one another. Two days down, twenty-nine to go! You're all holding up great, so let's keep this awesome attitude!" He yelled enthusiastically.

The crowds around us were screaming so loud that Ladybug reached up to cover her ears. "Today's challenge is the same for everyone: dancing!" The announcer described we'd be doing a dance where we would trade off partners every few moments.

A moderately-paced waltz came over the speakers, and I led Ladybug to the large dancing floor. I bowed down to her, but by the time I was standing up straight again, the dancing had commenced and we were both swept off into different directions. 

A red-headed girl giggled as I twirled her. Switch. A blonde girl stumbled against me, sluggishly "dancing". Next, Lady Wifi was shoved roughly against me, eyes wide and searching mine. "Where's DJ?" She asked.

Using my height, I attempted to locate Lady Wifi's partner, to no avail. "I don't know, where's lady-" Wifi was pushed away from me as another girl not-so-gracefully smashed against me. 

"I'm sorry!" She said, stepping back. 

I turned her in circle, giving her a reassuring smile. Her wide eyes gave off an air of innocence, and I watched as she was juggled off to a purple-haired girl, the two smiling as they affectionately nuzzled one another. The next female walked up to me with grace and poise, forcing me to whip out my ballroom dancing skills. Her orange gown swooshed around us as she managed to keep me for another turn. "Volpina." She curtsied, being dragged away with the crowd.