Chapter 2 - Ugly

Chloe's Pov:

After I had listened to Melissa's ramblings for what felt like years. I was finally free to go home. Don't get me wrong, I love my little sister with all of my heart but sometimes she gets too much.

Not that going home was any improvement. As soon as I opened the door to our house I was overwhelmed with the smell of whiskey. In that moment, I would have been grateful for Melissa.

"Baby!!!" Ricky slurred, drunkenly, as he stumbled towards me and pulled me into a tight hug. He placed a slobbery kiss onto my lips and gestured to the group of washed out, alcoholic 40-year-olds standing behind him.
"Everyone, this is my wife, Chloe" he gurgled. "Chloe this is everyone"
I was met with a chorus of "hi" to which I smiled as I said hello.
"Why don't you sit with us for a drink love" a particularly weird looking man said, as he began to edge closer to me. Ricky didn't seem to notice at all. Then again, he never seems to notice anything nowadays.

"I would but I can't sorry, I've got a lot of work to do" I said, taking a step away from him for good measure. "Have a good time though, just make sure to clean up after yourselves".
I turned on my heels and headed upstairs to our bedroom.

The tears welled up in my eyes before I even managed to close the door behind me. I collapsed on my bed, curled up into a ball and let my sadness wash over me.

This isn't the man I love. At one time, hearing him even say my name would make my heart skip, and hearing him call me his wife would give me butterflies. Not anymore. Everything he says just sounds... Ugly.

I let my self cry for a couple of minutes and then I stared at the ceiling and willed myself to stop. I looked at my left wrist, where I had a small tattoo written in cursive underneath the faded scars. I repeated words to myself.
"You are not weak. You are worth something. You are loved".

The last sentence was Ricky's contribution. Those 3 words make my heart swell. But not for the man who was sitting downstairs. No. The Ricky that I loved is gone. All that remains is a monster.

A/N: comment your thoughts! Thankyou love you all so much! 20 votes for chapter 3!
- Charlie❤️