Chapter 12

I could feel someone poking me. It started as a soft poke on my cheek, then it progressed into harder pokes that ranged my whole body. I tried to swat at the hand, but I failed each time, earning a soft chuckle from whoever it was. "Stop playing with her already. She obviously isn't enjoying it."

"Yeah, what he said." I mumbled and turned over on my side. I felt an arm wrap itself around my waist and pull me into a hard wall. I was too tired to struggle and snuggled into its warmth instead. "Go away."

"Love, you need to get up. Everyone's waiting on you to get up so we can go to the beach." My eyes shot open. I couldn't go down to the beach. I couldn't face that kind of judgment again. People would stare and point, talk about me behind their hands. I can't let that happen.

"You guys go ahead. I'll stay here and sleep. I don't really care much for beaches." I masked a smile for the group that had congregated in our hotel room. Greg shook his head and frowned. I knew what he was going to say.

"I'd like to speak to my sister alone." Everyone slowly piled into the hallway. I sat up and hugged my knees, knowing what was about to come. "Alex, you can't let this control your life. You used to love swimming, but now you never go. It's because of that scar isn't it. You camt hide it forever. I bet is not even that big anymore."

"I don't know Greg. What is they all look at me differently? I don't think is be able to live knowing that the most important people in my life think of me differently." It's true. I was very insecure about myself after the crash, and I didn't think anything could help.

"You'll always have me, Alex. I'm pretty sure the Bellas wouldn't ditch you, and you've made up my mind that Donald practically loves you. Please, if not for me, then for Donald and your new found family." Total guilt trip, but sadly it worked.

I huffed and headed to the bathroom to change into my Union flag bikini. It took a lot of self convincing to finally get it on. I slid a blue sundress on over top and grabbed my Scooby-Doo beach towel, almost forgetting my aviators and flip-flops.

The walk to the beach wasn't as far as I'd have expected. I didn't realize that we were already on the beach front to begin with. We set up camp after finding the perfect spot, and everyone else ran for the water. The amount of people on the beach was surprising. It seemed like the whole island was there.

"Watch out!" I turned my head and saw a volleyball coming straight for me. Somehow managing to catch it, I waited for the owner to retrieve it. Of course it had to be an islander. I handed him his ball and went back to watching the Trebles and the Bellas play in the waves. "You're not from here."

"No, I'm not." I clearly didn't want to talk to him, but he just wouldn't leave. He threw the ball back to his friends and sat down beside me. "What do you want?"

"I just want to get to know you." He tucked a strand of hair behind my ear before I slapped his hand away. Donald was my one and only, I wasn't going to have any of this guy's obscene flirting.

"Then buzz off, because I don't want to get to know you!" He wrapped an arm around my waist and held me close to his chest. I tried to push him off, but he just had to be some macho man. "Get off of me! Can't you get the hint that I'm not into you! I already have a boyfriend!"

"Well, let's make you forget about him." He gripped my hands in one of his, leaning in for a kiss. I turned away, I couldn't let this man get what he wanted. I bit his hand and abruptly stood as he let me go.

"Back off! She's mine! And if I catch you near her again, I'll kill you!" That smooth, velvety voice could only belong to Donald. His arm slid around my waist and pulled me backwards into his chest. This is the only man I could ever want. "Got it?"