kitten » s.r

steve rogers x lux (my oc)

-

The soft chatter of the tv filled her ears as Lux sunk into the corner of the couch on the shared floor. Hands came around her shoulders like a blanket and a heavier weight follow.

"Hey, Sam and I are going on a run. Want anything while I'm out?" the blonde veteran smushed his lips against her cheek as he draped over her.

He was met with a soft snort and a kiss in return, "Uh- ice cream? And locking gel." she hummed in a warm smile.

"Mint chocolate chip?" he asks smugly and she stuck her tongue out.

"Mint chocolate chip is one of the 8th wonders, you heathen." her arms crossed.

"Mhm, sure."

"Aye! Ion wanna hear it from your old ass. Butter pecan. You're like an old black grandma." she pokes his chest to which he laughed and nipped at her fingers.

"I'm your old black grandma~" he purred.

"Bye, Steven!" Lux pushes his face as he leaned for a kiss. "Enjoy your run with Sam."

"I will! And send me a picture of the gel, please." he calls from the elevator with a cheeky grin.

"Way ahead of you, babes." she laughs.

-

It had been a few hours—which wasn't uncommon for the two super soldiers—however, it was pouring outside.

And Steve didn't have an umbrella.

Or a car, frankly.

Every call went straight to voicemail and Lux couldn't help but become anxious. Even though he was an Avenger and with Sam, he was still an idiot and she didn't need anything happening to him.

The bouncing knee ceased when she jumped up from the couch and scurried to the bedroom to put real clothes on. Her locs were thrown up into a bun and the laces on her boots were an after thought as she rushed to the elevator.

"I swear to god, Steven Rogers—"

The doors opened to a drenched Sam and she frowned, "What the hell-" she tugged him inside and snatched a towel from the linen closet.

"Thanks," Sam shivered.

"You smell like outside- Where's Steve?" she put the kettle on to make him tea.

"Oh, I'm doing just fine, thanks for asking." he rolled his eyes. "He's in Tony's lab." he dries himself off.

Her eyebrows furrowed, "The lab? In drenched, sweaty clothing?"

"Yeah, he's-"

"That man has no self preservation. Bucky was right. The hell-" she goes on as she fixed the mug of tea for him.

"Lux, he's fine, he's just-"

"I swear if my ice cream melts, I'm gonna-"

"Lux, he's fine!" Sam huffs as he carefully takes the mug. "We ran into a robbery and this guy had some weird ass superpowers-"

"Lemme guess, Steve decided to do something about it without his shield nor any type of protection." she sighed.

Sam snorts, "Yeah. That's literally what happened. That guy has zero self-preservation."