belief, I

J

The tears never stopped falling. But it did ran out. Everything did.

Nauubos ang lahat. That I am sure of. Yung unli-rice sa Mang Inasal or yung unli-gravy sa KFC. Yung tubig nga na may water cycle eh nagkakaroon ng water shortage. Tapos yung energy. Kahit na may law of conservation pa yan.

Nauubos.

Kasama na dun yung limang taong galit na naipon ko para sakanya. Pati na yung lakas na binibigay ko sa aking sarili. Naubos yong lahat, pagbagsak niya sa sahig.

"MARLO!" I ran to catch him. We both fell to the floor since I can't carry the both of us. He's heaving. Asthma attack.

"Tulong! HELP! Si Marlo - I mean - Hann! Help please!" I called outside. Most of the artists are drunk already and are sleeping on the floor. Good thing Jenna is still sober.

"Sean. Hey Sean." A kick. "Wake up. It's Hann." Another kick. "What was that again? Oh right. CODE RED."

Biglang balikwas ang loko. Kuha ng phone at dial ng 911.

"Crap. We're in the Philippines. You call." He threw me his phone as he hoisted Marlo up and supported him on his shoulders.

"Where's the nearest hospital?" Jenna calmly asked, as if they'd experienced this before.

"Ako na. I'll drive." I steeled myself. You have to be strong, Janella. You can do it.

The drive to the hospital was quick, but it was the waiting that was slow.

painfully, agonizingly slow

'I'm not worth a second
I'm not worth a try
What more do you want from me
Do you really want to cry