chapter 24: San Fran

"You ready babe?" I ask Johnny in his driveway. "I'm super excited, but a bit nervous" He smiles. "Let me get that" he continues grabbing my bag and putting it in the trunk with the equipment. Meredith sits in the front seat with Darian, Johnny and I sit in the second row, and Lauren, Ruby, and Nadia sit in the back. "San Francisco here we come" Meredith says from the drivers seat.

We blast the radio and sing along for an hour before everyone starts settling down. I just put my earphones in knowing I won't be able to sleep. I look over at Johnny to see him putting his hood up and he has his laptop in his lap. He closes his eyes drifting off into a sleep. Of course everyone takes pictures of him and posts them to snapchat.

I really thought this car ride was going to be more entertaining but almost everyone is now asleep, except for Meredith and I. I take my earbuds out and decide to talk to her. "Is Dale coming to the show?" I ask her. "Yeah! Him and Maddie are going to meet us out there." She replies. "Are you excited to go to San Fransisco?" She asks me. "Yeah, I've never been! It looks like a super cool place." I smile.

Then the conversation turns deep. "Do you ever miss New York?" Meredith asks. "All the time! It's my home you know, its where I grew up, my whole family is there" I say with a saddened expression. "Do you miss Oakville?" I ask. "Very much so! Los Angeles was a big change for the family, but it seems to make the kids happy and I would do anything for them" She smiles as a tear streams down her face. "Don't cry Meredith it's normal to miss it.. It is still your home." I smile at her. "Thanks so much Sarah! I'm so glad Johnny met you!" She smiles widely. "I am too, he just makes me so happy!" I say can't helping but smile.

I look down at my phone to see a snapchat from Leah. It's a picture of her and her new best friend Tiffany. She is always with that girl, I feel replaced. For my whole childhood it was always Leah and I. Boy do I miss her! I reply with a picture of Johnny sleeping while I kiss his head. It came out super cute so I save it. She asks where I'm going and I respond Neverland.

I usually wouldn't do that but recently she met Hunter Rowland and they became good friends. I don't want to make her feel bad that we are going to see him while she's in Arizona.

Johnny wakes up and his hair is all messy. "I'm tired baby girl" He says pulling me into him. This is highly awkward because almost his whole family is in this car. Luckily Meredith is the only one awake. I close my eyes while Johnny hums a song into my ear. Before I know it I'm drifting off into sleep.

I wake up wrapped in Johnny's arms and someone tapping my shoulder. "Sarah, John come on we are here" Darian says. We both shoot up looking around then blushing and removing ourselves from each other. "Everyone's at the hotel let's go meet them" Meredith says. We all grab our bags and go into the hotel. We get our room keys and go straight up to the room.

Lauren and I get one bed, Johnny gets the pull out couch to himself, Ruby and Nadia get the other bed farthest from the couch. In the connecting room Dale and Meredith share a bed and Darian and Maddie share one.

Johnny gets a text, smiles and quickly responds. A pain of jealously hits me. He waits a few minutes before saying brush your hair we are going out. We both brush our hair before meeting some of the guys in the lobby. "Hey guys this is my girlfriend, Sarah." He says telling me all their names. I smile "Its nice to meet you guys" I say. "Aw lil John has a girlfriend" Cam teases. "So excited to see you preform" Brandon smiles. I smile back.

"Wanna go get starbucks?" Johnny asks. "Yeah! I could go for a vanilla bean frappe." I say. He grabs my hand and we walk about 5 minutes before reaching a Starbucks. He opens the door and the bell rings. As soon as I walk in I see Leah! I squeal running, letting go of Johnny's hand and hugging her. "What are you doing here? Oh my god I missed you soo much!" I smile. "I came on Magcon with Hunter and I missed you too! This was all Johnny's idea to surprise you" She smiles. "Are you performing too?" I ask. "NO come on Sarah you know I can't sing" She lies. "Yes you can! How bout you sing one song with me, Treat you Better! Your dad always said we could sing the really well, do it for him" I say. "For him." She smiles a tear streaming down her cheek.

"Lets go back to the room and practice" Leah says after we get our drinks. We walked back to the room with Hunter and Johnny. We went into Johnny and I's room.

Luckily Darian brought her guitar. She let us borrow it to practice and then preform with. I hold it in my lap while singing and playing the chords.

"You sound so good!" Hunter applauses. "Good as always babe" Johnny says kissing me. "EW" Leah screams. "PDA" Hunter screams at the same time. "They are perfect for each other" I whisper to Johnny. "Ok I'm exhausted we are going to go back to our room." Hunter says leaving the room with Leah.

I look around the room and notice it's just us. I'm pretty sure everyone went to dinner and then had to talk to Bart.

I look at my phone to see it is 9pm and put it on the charger. "Wanna watch a movie before going to bed" Johnny asks. "Sure" I say hopping on the pull out bed with Johnny. He rests his arm around me while flipping through the channels. We settle on Grown Ups 2 and cuddle up to each other. He kisses my forehead. I drift off into sleep knowing we are going to get in trouble for falling asleep in the same bed.

I wake up beside Johnny and instantly smile. I grab my phone to see its 8AM. Lauren is sitting in our bed on her phone. I get up and go into the bathroom, do my business and then put water on my face.

"Do you girls want to get breakfast?" Meredith asks walking into the room. "Sure" We respond. Lauren, Meredith, Ruby, Nadia and I go into the lobby and grab some bagels for everyone.

Once we finish eating we wake up Johnny and Darian and they eat. "I'm gonna go in the shower" I tell everyone. Just as I run the water I hear Cameron and Aaron's voices. I take a fairly quick shower because we have to go to soundcheck.

"JOHNNY GUESS WHAT IM DOING" Cameron says going to the bathroom door. "Bro is Sarah in there?!" John asks. "No" Cam and Aaron say in sync. "Shes showering you should probably get out before i... kill ya'll" Johnny snaps. Aaron and Cameron burst out laughing. "Yeah, she's in the bathroom" Cameron says panning the camera over to me with my soaking wet hair.

We all burst out laughing. "Aw thanks babe" I laugh hugging him and sitting on his lap. "Honestly relationship goals right here" Cameron says recording another snapchat video. "Ya'll are so much younger than me and have a better relationship than I'll ever have!" Aaron says rolling his eyes.