Thought Plague | ImmortalAnex One-Shot

He laid on his bed, staring up at the celing with his fingers crossed on his stomach. Pitch dark with only a glow from his computer monitor. No matter what, every thought of his drifted back to Aleks. He started thinking about how utterly lucky/doomed he was to have befriended Aleks so early in his life.

Even though he knew Aleks did not share the same feelings and there was no possibility of them ever being together, Kevin didn’t mind. It hurt him at first and he hated himself for it, but later he felt he loved Aleks without the expectation of being romantically loved in return and that was perfectly fine for him. The fact that he shared this world with someone as beautifully crafted as Aleks, how amazed he was to be rewarded with his friendship, and knowing that Aleks was just a skype call or a text message away reassured him.

He felt their emotional lives were gently intertwined with one another, despite being states away from him. When Aleks suffered, Kevin did as well. When Aleks felt accomplishment, Kevin celebrated along with him. When Aleks missed opportunites, Kevin mourned them. If he could trap Aleks in a dome where nothing could ever cause him pain again, he would. In a heartbeat, he would, but he knew it would be unfair to him.

Love was the greatest and most disorientating emotion he had ever experienced. Whenever he got the chance to see Aleks in person, he felt his senses heighten, like a ball of eletricity. To have the luxury to savor his beauty in real life. His brown, fluffy hair. His feminine, but strong features. His natural wit and humor.

Gorgeous, kind-hearted, cruel Aleksandr...

Kevin snapped out of it as if a phantom hand backhanded him across the face. A loud jingle rang from his computer speakers, he turned his head over to the screen and squinted. There was Aleks' display picture. He smiled and immediately climbed out of bed to answer the call.