Sharing is Caring

Annabeth's POV: 

I am currently at Percy's house because we were paired for a Science project and arranged to meet here after school. I don't really know him that well, he's the quiet troublemaker that sits in the back of the class and is never called on because he has ADHD and dyslexia. I have them too but I learned how to work despite the challenges but whatever. He can do what he wants to do. 

Anyways, I'm sitting at his desk trying to get him to tell me the results of our experiment when an amazing smell drifts into the room. I try to focus and ignore the amazing aroma but I just can't! 

Percy on the other hand, perks up and looks like a dog who has just seen a squirrel and is about to pounce. But before I could question his excitement, he bolts the door completely ignoring my confused protests. So, I calmly walk out of the room and head to the kitchen, where I assume he ran to. 

He comes out with his hands full of chocolate chip cookies. But that's not what concerned me, no, what caught me off guard was the fact that they were bright blue. Percy however, didn't seem the least bit worried or fazed by the color, so I didn't question it and proceeded to sit down next to him on the stool facing the counter. I took one from the tray, only using two fingers because they were fresh out of the oven and boy were they hot! I don't know how Percy didn't burn his tongue off. 

But the minute that cookie touched my tongue, I knew I was in heaven. There are no words to describe how good they are. Just......splendiferous! 

A few cookies and a friendly conversation later, there was only one left on the tray. To be honest...I really, really wanted it. But this wasn't my house and I didn't get to decide that, Percy comes first. Percy seemed to realize the cookie after me and immediately grabbed it, and was about to eat it when he looked at me. I tried to wipe my face clear of any emotion and try to give him a smile but I guess it wasn't a good enough effort. He hesitated, and kept shifting his gaze from me to the cookie. 

After a few minutes of his internal argument, he silently handed the cookie over to me, giving me a small nod. I took it gratefully, a real smile spreading across my face. He grinned at my reaction. 

Sally gasped. I got worried and turned my head to look at her. Her mouth was wide open and her apron was on the floor. I looked at her for an explanation, my worry gone and replaced with puzzlement. 

"Percy...did you just....but you don't.....wow." She looked at me in awe. 

Percy just blushed and looked away. 

"What? Is he in trouble or something? Did I do something wrong?" I asked in annoyance. I hate it when people know things I don't. 

"You're the first person he's ever given the last cookie to. He can never be persuaded and you didn't even try. I can't believe it. You are a keeper." 

She smiled warmly at me. We don't even know each other that well! We aren't even a couple!!

"True love..." She muttered while picking up her apron and walking away. Percy just groaned in response. 

"Uh...don't listen to her...she's a little dramatic. Being an author can do that to you, am I right?" He said afterwards, making me chuckle. 

"It's okay." I stared at the uneaten cookie in my hand. 

"Here," I split it in half and held out a piece to him. He beamed at me and shoved it in his mouth. 

What can I say? Sharing really is caring.