better off dead : jøsh dun

song for chapter - better off dead by sleeping with sirens

- WARNING! MENTIONS OF SUICIDE AND DEATH -

-

Josh's pov :

I was sitting on the couch watching family guy when I heard a whimper. I looked over at Y/N and she was staring at the wall.

"Y/N? Are you okay?" I asked and she nodded. She had been like this for hours. I just shrugged it off and turned towards the tv.

We we're sitting there for a bit until I heard another noise. I turned towards her and saw her mumbling something. I tried reading her lips but all I read was, "better off dead."

She wouldn't be saying that, would she?

When she saw I was watching her she turned away, gripping the blanket she had tighter. Then she got up and went to the bedroom. I heard the door lock but I figured she was just using the bathroom.

She had been in there for about 20 minutes when I got scared. I went up the steps and knocked on the door. "Y/N?" I asked. No answer.

I grabbed a bobby pin off the table and stuck it in the lock. It took me a few minutes but I finally got it.

I walked in and the bathroom door was locked too. But a letter with my name on it was taped to it. I pulled it off and opened it.

"Josh,

     Ugh. Hi. I'm sorry. Don't forget about me. Love you."

It was short, and she only says something short when she's sad.

I kicked open the bathroom door and saw her bloody body on the floor. I gasped, running to her side.

I put 2 fingers to her bloody wrist, but I couldn't find a pulse.

Sobs racked my body as I pulled her limp frame to my chest. I kissed the top of her head and cried.

"I love you." I mumbled into her hair, resting my chin on her head.