Snapback

"America is weird."

Dan's voice was wary as we stepped off the plane, a snapback on his head. Our tour manager had advised us to lay low at first, because security wasn't as great as it should be in America. So that meant I was wearing gigantic sunglasses and Dan was wearing a BASEBALL CAP, of all things. I liked using that term, made me feel more American.

"Yes, it really is. Already."

Our tour manager, Scott, shot us a look over his shoulder and continued guiding us through the terminal, face stony and unamused. Leave it to Martyn to hire the meanest person alive for us to have to listen to for months on end.

"You look right like a tourist," I mumbled to Dan, and he snickered before covering it up with a cough, so Scott wouldn't try to burn a hole through our heads with his laser vision. The guy was a fun sponge, but Martyn had insisted on ensuring our utmost safety and punctuality. So we were incognito as two regular,  inconspicuous guys, and it was going well.

'Was' being the key word.

"HOLY FUCK HI YOU GUYS!!!"

The distinctive voice of Tyler Oakley boomed out from our left, and Dan and I shot each other an amused look when Scott whipped around, frantically searching for our first safety obstacle of the tour.

"Who-"

A small, mint haired bullet hit us at full force, Scott being forced to step back from the momentum.

"Hey, Tyler," we chimed in unison, hugging him back. People were starting to glance at us, a few in partial recognition, so Scott was getting antsy.

"Can we do this somewhere else, please?" he asked, exasperatedly glaring at Tyler. Who of course smirked evilly and raised his voice an octave louder.

"Ooohh, I'm sorry. I didn't know you guys were undercover!"

We snickered while Scott fumed and Tyler grinned, but it didn't take long to locate our tour bus and breathe for the first time since we'd left London. Tyler had told us he'd be there to welcome us, whether we liked it or not. We'd just... forgotten... to tell Scott.
Dan immediately threw the snapback off in disgust, running a hand through his hair and adjusting his fringe. I, however, pushed the sunglasses to the top of my head and leaned back, radiating relaxation.
"You're such a priss, Dan," I teased, while he shot me a glare and Tyler tried to cover up a giggle. Dan WAS a priss, and we all knew it, but I'd never let him know I thought it was adorable. I pulled a journal out of the small backpack I had brought along, subtly doodling Dan's pissed off expression and slightly chaotic hair, writing some and drawing some. He also thought that this 'journal' was a planner, so I was safe with my thoughts.

"So Dan, how do you feel about Scotty out there?"

Tyler's voice was casual, but his eyes were sparkling with mischief.

"He's an arse," Dan replied easily, crudely mining a stick being shoved up what I assumed was, in fact, Scott's arse. Tyler doubled over in giggles and I shook my head at Dan, pulling the journal closer to my face so he wouldn't see my smirk of amusement.

"Well..." Tyler sang, and I looked up at his change in tone. "He seemed to be a little... interested... in you, my friend."
Dan snorted, tapping away on his phone. Must be on Tumblr, knowing Dan.

"The guy has no soul, Tyler. Let alone a... colourful... one."

I'd never met anyone who giggled as much as Tyler, but that sent him over the edge. Dan rolled his eyes and shook his head at me, and I snickered and raised my hands in a 'what can you do?' gesture. It was amazing how well Dan and I could communicate without words of any sort, and luckily, Tyler didn't notice. Because he for sure would have commented with something not very tactful.
It wasn't that I didn't like Tyler, necessarily, he was just a little much sometimes. Especially when he flirted with Dan, because while it didn't bother Dan one bit, it bothered me. I knew Tyler wasn't serious (or not completely, at least), and that he wasn't Dan's type by any means, but it still got under my skin. And the worst part was, Dan wasn't even mine to claim. We'd never really been 'official' by any standards, and while we acted so much like a couple, we... weren't. We'd kissed before, of course, but that was a long time ago and we'd both grown up since then. But I'd never stopped loving Dan, not for one second, and I hated not knowing how he felt about me.
While I'd been doodling my thoughts and scrawling some of them on the edges of my journal pages, Scott had walked in and was now talking to Dan about how the next few days would play out. He did that a lot, I noticed, for the first time since I had left London two days ago. I figured it was because I tended to zone out when someone's face wasn't animated when they spoke (which Scott's most certainly was not), but since Tyler had planted that seed of suspicion in my brain, I started watching how Scott behaved around Dan more closely. And I could see what Tyler had meant. Scott was more relaxed around Dan, less uptight, and I even heard him laugh a few times at who knows what. I had just started glaring when I felt eyes on my face, and tore my eyes away from my best friend getting hit on to see Tyler smirking at me knowingly. I immediately looked down and tried to control the blush that I could feel spreading across my cheeks. After about two minutes of Scott 'casually' touching Dan's shoulder and laughing at every word that came out of his mouth, I got up and started walking outside.