chapter twenty nine ♪

"Don't you think you were a little harsh, Anastasia?" Jasmine asked. She was at Anastasia's house with Kayla, and they were playing Sorry.

"Sorry," Anastasia says, bumping Jasmine's player back to the start. "And that apology was to you, not to them."

Jasmine just shrugs, and soon it's Kayla's turn. After the game is over, (Jasmine ended up winning, but she didn't laugh crazily and throw the game pieces at them like she usually does when she wins) Kayla's mom comes and picks both Jasmine and Kayla up, and once they're gone, Anastasia checks her phone for any notifications she missed while playing with Kayla and Jasmine.

Her eyes widen in surprise, there are 17 missed calls from Luke.

Anastasia rolls her eyes, getting ready to ignore him, when all of a sudden her phone starts buzzing and Luke's name glows on the screen.

Make that 18 missed calls.

She stares at her phone, wondering if she should pick up or not. He calls again and again and again, and when he calls for the 25th time, she accepts the call, deciding to give him a piece of her mind.

"Listen, I told you, I'm done with you and your stupid band, okay? I tried being nice, but obviously that's not working. But, I believe in second chances... make that, like, fiftieth chances. So, I'm telling you one last time. If you don't stop calling me, I'll call the police."

"Th...that'd be great, actually," Luke whispers into the phone.

"Excuse me?" Anastasia cries, raising her voice. "You know what, forget it..."

"Please keep your voice down."

"Luke?" Anastasia asks, lowering her voice like he asked her to. "Luke, what's going on? If this is a joke, I don't find this funny at all."

"It's not a joke, I promise," Luke says.

"So what is the problem."

"I'm in danger."