Chapter Nineteen.

Please vote and comment.

Time was flying by and I was now six months pregnant. Lucca was now fully recovered and was already busy at work. I planned to surprise him over lunch but I had to stop by Paul's office first.

"Gabby! How lovely to see you?" Paul exclaimed as he stood to give me a side hug. "How are you?"

"I'm doing good Paul. Very good."

"That's good to hear. Please sit." He offered as he took his. "We miss you around here."

"I miss it too and I'll miss it even more after this."

"You've made a desicion, haven't you? One that I won't like I'm guessing." He said eyeing me warily as if he'd already gotten confirmation.

"Yes." I said as I reached into my bag,  retrieving my resignation form and handing it to him.

"I knew this was coming." He said with a sigh as he looked through the form. He already knew my decision. Strange. Something wasn't right. "I'm already looking for a replacement."

"I'm sure you'll find a great one. Plus as we agreed, I'm still available to the office for consultation." I said as I got to my feet.

"Thanks Gabby. We'll miss you around here." He said, he too getting to his feet so he could see me out.

"I'll miss you guys too. Have a great day Paul."

"You too Gabby. Take care. See you soon."

                                 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Sir? There's someone here to see you. Says it's urgent." Sally, Lucca's Secretary called in for me and I could hear him sigh. It was lunch time and I know he was about to rush out to see me at home.

"Okay. Send them in." He said, then muttered something incoherent and I fought off a giggle as Sally waved me in.

"Hello my love?" I called watching as he didn't look up and was rubbing his forehead with his thumb and index finger.

"Gabby!" He exclaimed as he got to his feet, his eyes lighting up. "My love, what are you doing here?"

"I thought I'd bring you lunch." I said as he took hold of my hand, led me to the couch and helped me sit down before kneeling before me and taking off my shoes, knowing too well how uncomfortable I was with me uttering a word.

I giggled alittle at the sight thinking how he is one of the most ruthlessly successful men in the corporate business, who's eyes can make a grown man cry yet here her was on his knees massaging his wife's feet. Future wife, I hope.

"Is that better?" He asked looking up at me with concern in his eyes.

"Very much so my love. Thank you." I said as I took his hands in mine and pulled him up to sit beside me. I snuggled into him as his hands went around my waist, the food forgotten at the moment. "I missed you."

"I missed you too my love. I was just about to rush home to you."

"I know. I thought I'd surprise you."

"I love it but I hate to see you in your feet when you don't have to be."

"I know but I'm okay. Besides, I need the exercise and fresh air. I also  had to drop off my resignation form today."

"Oh, right. You could have had me do it."

"No. I wanted to do it myself. Say goodbye to Paul. You do too much for me anyway." I said.

"You saw Paul?" He asked, sounding slightly worried. "Did he say anything?"

"No. He was acting strange though. So did everyone else. Like they were hiding something from me."

"Okay. You hungry?" He asked, trying hard to change the subject but I didn't call him out on it.

                                ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Take care of her for me." Lucca called to Victoria as I slid into her car before turning to me, kissing my forehead. "I'll pick you up at half past six."

I nodded and he smiled before stepping away and shutting the door.

"So what are we doing today?" Victoria asked.

Things were still alittle tense ever since she found out about Lucca and I. I'd tried to bring it up to apologise but she wouldn't have it. She rather we ignore the whole issue and move on.

"What choices do we have?"

"Get a mani/pedi, go baby clothes shopping, just hang out with the girls in your house. Help get you ready for your date?" She said winking at the last option.

"How about the last two?" I said chuckling lightly. "I have too many baby clothes already."

"Okay. The girls are already at your house."

"What? Doing what exactly while I'm not there?"

"Helping clean up the place. Lucca said he doesn't want you on your feet."

I let out a sigh at the thought of Lucca and I cuddled up in his office where he'd said that to me not so long ago.

"Earth to Gabby!" Victoria called and I noticed we were already in my driveway. "Come on you fat blob. We've got a lot to do."

She chuckled and I couldn't help but join in. I was really big for six months.

                                ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Honey? Are you ready?" Lucca calls as I walk into living room.

He turns from placing his briefcase on the floor and his jaw nearly drops.

The girls has me in a slightly loose flowing red dress that slightly obscures my rounded stomach and that has a slick side slit that reaches my lower thigh. I also had on comfortable gladiator sandals, minimal make up and jewellery with a messy bun, with small tufts cradling my face.

By the look on Lucca's face I could tell the girls did a great job.

"Baby," he said breathless, "you're a vision."

"Thank you." I said, my eyes on his as he took my hands in his and pulls me to him.

He kisses me softly, gently as though scared I'd break. When he finally pulls away, we're both breathless.

"Shall we?" He asks as he pulls away and helps me into my coat before leading me out of the house.

The drive is silent with his hand resting comfortably on my thigh. We finally stop and I'm confused as I see no familiar restaurant around.

"Are we lost?"

"Of course not love. Come. I have a surprise for you." He grins as he helps me through a swinging door and into a dark room.

What happens next scares me half to death.

Three more chapters to the end of this book and to a new cover!
Thanks for coming this far. Lots of love :-* <3