Chapter 8 ( Beach City News)

Reader's P.O.V.

The next day had came and I couldn't sleep at all last night because I kept thinking about Pearl. So like, are we officially a couple.....or getting to that level? Hmmmm, should I call her? No, I can't call her, I don't know her number. In fact Pearl doesn't even use a phone. Maybe I should visit her? Nah, that's too soon...or is it? Wow am I on edge. Though I guess it wouldn't hurt to go see what she's up to....

Pearl's P.O.V.

I was tidying up a bit around the house as I folded everyone of Steven's shirts that I found strewn on the floor. As I bent down to pick the last shirt off of the ground, my eye were met with Steven's. I already knew what he wanted.

Steven: Come on Pearl, tell me. How'd it go with (Y/N).

Pearl: It was actually a wonderful date. ( Pearl blushes) Let's just say that....I'm not worried anymore. (Y/N) has become an important part of me now.

Steven: (Steven Gasp) Does that mean you too are dating?!

Pearl: Well....I....I guess?

Steven: Yay! I'm so happy for you Pearl!

Steven says as he hugs me. Soon enough Peridot made her presence known as she finally unglued her attention from her tablet. Then Amethyst and Garnet appeared out of no where.

Amethyst: So what are we hugging for? I want in.

Soon enough Amethyst was hugging me as well as Garnet.

Peridot observed us while making a slight "hmmmm" sound.

Garnet: What's gotten you so smiley Steven?

Steven: Pearl has a boyfriend. ( Steven says teasingly)

Garnet: Good for you Pearl. I'm sure (Y/N) is just perfect for you.

Garnet says as her visors glistened.

Amethyst: At least he'll keep you busy. This really is a nice change for you and it looks like he can't get enough of you.

Amethyst says as she goes over to the window.

Steven: (Y/n)'s here!

I watched Steven run outside to meet (Y/N) momentarily before saying "hi (Y/N)" and then "bye" in a hastily fashion. Where could he be going in such a hurry?

Steven's P.O.V.

I thought Pearl's relationship with (Y/n) was the best news ever. It was so great that I wanted to tell everyone but there was only one person that I really wanted to know and that was dad. I ran over to the carwash and passed a few people on the way, including Jenny and Kiki.

Jenny: Hey Kiki, I just got back from a concert and found out (Y/N) was back in town.

Kiki: Yeah he seems like a nice guy.

Jenny: I just wish he would come my way. ( Jenny says romantically)

I ran past them and delivered a short message.

Steven: (Y/n)'s dating Pearl.

I continued to run in the direction of the car wash.

Jenny: Oh shoot, well, I was too late.

Kiki: Still, it makes me proud knowing that at least he's making some girl happy.

Not long after the run in with Jenny and Kiki, I was met with Sadie and Lars.

Sadie: Hey Steven-

Steven: Can't talk, I have to tell dad the news.

Sadie: What news?

Steven: (Y/n)'s dating Pearl.

Lars: Gross! Isn't she like, one of your moms.

Steven: The gems are more like guardians but sort of.

Lars: That guy is weird.

When I had reached the carwash, dad was already hosing a truck down and Connie was with him too.

Connie: Hey Steven.

Steven: Hi Connie, hi Dad.

I say out of breath.

Greg: Slow down kiddo. What's got you so out of wind?

Steven: (Y/N)'s dating Pearl.

I say happily as my eyes turn into stars.

Connie: Woah, seriously? They must have really hit it off haven't they?

Greg: I don't know what to say...that's great. I've always felt that this was the kind of thing Pearl had always wanted after....Rose and all. Has she been mentioning it lately?

Steven: Actually no. All her attention seems to be on (Y/n) now and I've never seen her so happy.

Connie: That was such a sweet idea to have them meet Steven. Your a natural match maker.

Steven: (Steve laughs) Maybe. I'm just really looking forward to seeing how they work out in the future.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

After Steven zoomed past me, I figured he had somewhere important to be so I let him be. I had already saw Pearl making her way towards me as we got closer to each other but then I saw a giant flash of pink cut in front of me with super speed. Before I knew it, I was being crushed by it.

Pearl: Lion! No! Get off of him this instant!

(Y/N): Mmmmfffohhhpppp

Muffled sounds came from my mouth as I tried squirm my way from under the vast amounts of pink fur until I saw the sun. When I was free, I let out a sharp breath of air.

Pearl: (Y/n), are you alright?

(Y/N): You guys have a lion? Should I be worried right now?

Pearl: No. He's a gem sort of and Steven's pet. He's usually very lazy and doesn't care for strangers much.

(Y/n): It's fine, he was probably just curious.

I say as Lion walks around me in circles and sniffs me. I slowly raise a hand up to the abnormally pink but fascinating lion and rub the top of his head. He seemed content with this before walking off.

(Y/N): Wow, is there anything Steven doesn't have?

Pearl: I suppose not. So, you came by to visit.

(Y/N): Yup, just like I said I would. I really like when it's the two of us so if you want we can spend some more time together.

Pearl: I would like that.

I took Pearls hand and led her towards the town. We could start the day off with a nice walk.

Meanwhile in the temple....

Amethyst was currently looking down at Pearl and (Y/n) in the window as she leaned on her hand.

Amethyst: They really do complement each other. Is it ok that I think of Rose and Greg when I see them?

Garnet: Not at all. After all, what Pearl and (Y/N) have is special.

Amethyst: Yeah...but enough with the mushy stuff. I'm hungry. Hey Peri, you want to see how many pizza's I can eat?

Peridot: Meh, why not...perhaps I can even make a tubetube video from this....

Amethyst: Ha ha ha.