Prologue

We sit at the park in a comfortable silence. I don't know if he knows but if he does, he's good at hiding it. I didn't think it'd hurt this bad to leave. I didn't even think I'd want to stay this long.

The only sound between us is the squeaking of the swings. The summer air isn't giving us a break in spite of the sun setting in front of us. I'm gonna miss times like this, the memorable moments.

"When were you gonna tell me?" He asks interrupting my thoughts

"I wasn't gonna tell you at all." I respond honestly. I feel him staring at the side of my face. He thinks I'm strong, I only act strong. I don't think that I can be strong anymore.

"Do you want to leave me?" He asks, I can hear the anxiousness in his voice.

"No. Of course not." I answer shaking my head trying to rid myself of the memories we'd made this summer.

"Then why didn't you warn me?" He questions. His voice just above a whisper. He reaches over and grabs my hand. He's gonna break me, I swear.

"It wouldn't have made a difference." I reply turning to finally look at him. He wears a sad expression that begins to crush my heart.

"I wouldn't have fell so hard for you." He whispers, his eyes glassy as he kisses my hand. A tear escapes my eye. Then another. Then another after that. A cascade of tears fall from my closed eyelids. I don't wanna leave you. I love you.

Comment if you like this. Vote if you really like it. First try so, lemme know in the comments. Thanks for reading! You'll find out more about the characters in the next few chapters.❤️❤️