Chapter 17 (edited)

After I ate, I got dressed in high waist, baby blue jeans, with a light pink crop top and some white converses. I tied my hair up in a messy bun and slipped a jacket over me. Then grabbed my wallet and keys.

I went inside the covenant store that was across the street and walked inside. When I walk inside, I walk around and check out the vodka shelves. I see a bottle and slip it under my coat and I go up to the middle-aged guy on at the counter and ask for a pack of cigarettes and a lighter.

I thought, why not try them out right?

"Sure Sweetheart, Id please." The man said and I cringe. I pull out my license. Yes, I have a driver's license. I've just never got a car so I need it. Usually.

I hand it to him and he checks it, handing it back to me. "That'll be $7.87." I give him the money as he gives me the pack plus lighter and change.

I walk out of the store and head to the farther side of the store, away from the door.

I slip the bottle out of my jacket and undo the lid, taking a sip, it's not like I haven't ever drank before but never had I smoked. I pull the box out then take one out. Lighting it up, putting it in my mouth. The first time I try it, I end up a coughing fit. After a couple tries, I get the hang of it.

I take a couple puffs before I slide down the side of the building and set it down on the concrete, and taking a good amount of the drink in. I start to get a little dizzy so I put it down and switch back to the cigarette. This goes on for a while before someone knocks the 3rd cigarette out of my hand. "Wha da fuuuck!" I yell. Obviously drunk with my slurred words.

"Skylar! What the hell do you think you're doing?" I look up to see Evan glaring down at me.

"Oh, just planting some flowers ya know, the norm....No, what does it look like I'm doing." I slurred.

I pick up the bottle and chug down around another fourth of the contents. He snatches the bottle out of my hand and throws it in the other direction.

He stands me up but as soon as he lets go, I go to fall. Before my body can hit the ground I'm caught by Evan. He picks me up bridal style.

Oh God, I just noticed something. He's so much hotter when he is angry.

"Why did you have to do this Sky! Like really?!" He yells, looking down at me.

My bottom lip quivers and my eyes fill with tears. I grip onto his shirt and sob into his chest.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry Evan! I don't know why I did this, I don't hate you! I really don't. I don't want you in jail nor anywhere but home... with me."

The last part comes out more muffled because with that my eyes closed and I am asleep.

When I wake up later that day, I recognized that I wasn't at my hotel. I was at the apartment. In my old room.

The door open and I jumped, causing my head to pound. Ahh, shit, that hurts. I can't really remember anything other than going to the seven eleven, stealing some booze, and getting some cigarettes. After that is when it becomes all fuzzy.

I look over to see Evan coming over to my bedside with a pill bottle and a glass of water.

He smiles at me and hands them to me. I thank him and take them.

"Why am I here?" I ask confused.

"Well, I caught you smoking and drinking than I told you to stop and then you passed out. I didn't know where you were staying so I brought you back to here. Look I'm sorry, for everything. I-"

"It's fine," I said lying. I just needed him to shut up, the talking was making my head hurt worse.

"Really, that's good, thanks babydoll."

"Year of co-" I cut myself off with a hand covering my mouth and running off to the bathroom.

I don't bother even closing the door, just making sure I make it to the toilet to empty my stomach into it.

Tears stream down my face and I sob while doing this. I feel a warm hand rubbing my back, in a soothing way as I puke up acid-like content.

Finally, when I'm good and practically emptied out my whole body into the toilet I lean against the bathtub and breathe heavily. Evan sits next to me rubbing my back letting me lean on his shoulder.

After a while, he gets up and comes back with a toothbrush, toothpaste, and mouthwash.

I wash my mouth out and thank Evan. He leads me back to my old bedroom and lays me down. When he is about to walk out I grabbed his hand,

"Please stay with me..." I begin a groggy voice. He protests until finally giving in and laying next to me.

I don't know what got into me but I felt safer with him near me. He wrapped his hands around my waist and I snuggled into his chest.

I couldn't sleep at first but hearing Evans slight snoring calmed me down.

My breathing steady and I ended up letting the darkness take over me and going into Dreamland...

*****

YAYYY! NOW IT'S GETTING INTERESTING!! Also, I'm going to make the vote for a chapter even more than I need!

Imma say, now 7-8 votes I need!! Love you!

Share

Comment

Vote!!

-Jada💋