Decemberism

Decemberism

Lyrics:
All I'm saying is for Christmas
this year I would kinda like to see you.

Story:

Phil's POV

Tonight was Christmas Eve and I wasn't too happy about it. I'm not a huge fan of these happy holidays because Dan isn't with me.

Dan joined the air force 5 years ago and rarely gets to make it home on time for special events such as Christmas and birthdays. I feel like a part of me is missing whenever he isn't around. I guess that's what soulmate are; the other half of you.

I got up from my bed and headed to take a shower. I was going over to my parents' house for dinner. They invited most of our relatives over for dinner like every year and like every year since Dan joined the Air Force, he wasn't here.

After showering I put on a festive jumper, skinny jeans, shoes, and a warm coat on top. This cold weather was my favorite until I remembered how bloody cold it is outside. It literally makes my nipples rock hard. Ok, that was a bit inappropriate.

The drive home to my parents' house was spent listening to Christmas carols. Once I arrived I got out of the car quickly and made my way inside the warm cozy home.

"Phil, honey! I'm glad you could make it!"

"Hey mom." I pulled her in a tight hug. Nothing beats being home with your lovely family.

"Phil, honey, could you help me set up the table?"

"Yeah, sure." I took off my coat and set it aside before walking into the kitchen. I grabbed all of the plates and silverware and started placing it around the table.

After finishing and admiring my work I heard the doorbell ring.

"Probably Martin." I thought to myself.

"Phil, could you get the door!"

"Yeah, no problem!"

I walked over to the door to open it and was surprised at what stood in front of me.

"Oh my god, Dan!" I jumped on him and wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. I started crying so much. This was the happiest I've been in a while.

"Phil, baby. I missed you so much." Dan hugged me tighter and rested his head on my shoulder.

We spent Christmas Eve together; sharing laughs and stories that I'll remember forever.

I can't believe I got my
Christmas wish.

(A/n it's almost August why am I writing Christmas stories smh.)

(A/n pt 2: @ Lara if you find a mistake I will end you.)