The Break Up

Chapter 1

*** Hailey's POV ***

"Kaelan, I erh, I need to tell you something." I say while looking up at him.

"Yeah. What is it babe?" He asks, taking my hands in his.

I remove my hands from his while taking a step back and look towards the ground. "I-I think we should break up."

"Wh-what why?" he shakes his head in confusion, looking at me in surprise.

"Its not you its me. I just don't feel for you the same way that I used to. And I think its selfish of me to stay with you while you still have feelings for me while I'm just leading you on." I have always told myself that I would never tell someone 'Its not you its me' because I always thought it was such a stupid line, but in this case it was true.

"No no no. Come on babe please we can make this work I promise." he tried to reach out for me as his eyes started to water.

I whispered, "I'm sorry." Before turning around and making my way home.

When I got home I called the first person that I knew could cheer me up.

"Hey Phoebe, erm I've, I've broken up with Kaelan" I sniffled. Even though I was the one to end it, I was still upset. Being with someone for five months can do that to you.

"Aww Hailey. Are you okay? What happened?" Phoebe asked, concerned.

And with that I told her everything from how I am feeling to the phone call to her now. She is so supportive I don't know I'd ever do without her. We have grown up together since we were babies and have been like sisters from day 1.

After I said goodbye and that I'd see her tomorrow at school. I started getting ready for bed. It was only 7 o'clock but crying does tend to tire you out. Once I changed into my pyjamas that consisted of my brothers old oversized t-shirt and a pair of shorts, I climbed into my warm cosy bed before drifting into a deep sleep.