Best Intentions

This little one-shot was also super fun to write! I laughed and I made fun of myself and of my lack of creativity because, to be honest, I always manage to mess up things! XD

I hope you have as much fun as I did while reading!

Friday-Secret Admirers

Best Intentions

If there was one thing both Jay and Carlos agreed on apart that hot chocolate was great, that surely was that, innocent as she looked, there was more than just a mischievous streak to Evie, which only incremented when she hung around Mal, the daughter of the Mistress of Evil, for crying out loud.

Jay and Carlos knew that very well, although they discovered the girls could take that to a whole different level during the first Valentine's Day they spent on Auradon.

Of course, the girls wouldn't get involved in things that weren't their business without a plan, much less being obvious about what they were scheduling to do. They hadn't taken Evil Schemes and Nasty Plots for nothing, after all, and thus Evie and Mal were actually very prepared for when the marked date appeared.

It all started because Auradon, cheesy and corny as it was had the wonderful tradition of putting mailboxes on the door of the dorms during the whole week before Valentine's Day so that the owners of the room got to know how much they were liked and cherished.

The whole celebration and letters wasn't even about love or romantic interests, not really, as it also included friendship in itself and peace wishes. Apologies letters were also a chosen favorite.

To be honest, the Isle children were not expecting much, maybe a couple of letters from Lonnie or Jane and a card from the Fairy Godmother―which was fine by them, as far as they were concerned, because they still didn't fully understand the whole point of the tradition and therefor wouldn't be sending letters to each other.

Big was Jay's surprise, however, when he started receiving messages in white sheets of paper with the impression of tiny paws spread along the edges signed by 'Carlos de Vil' that read several things along the lines of 'I'd liked you since we were on the Isle'.

Rolling his eyes, all the son of Jafar could do was keep the letters and hope Carlos didn't find them.

—*—*—

On his side, Carlos did the exact same thing, limiting himself to sigh with resignation and a head shaking in disapproval when he started getting bright red sheets of paper with elaborated declarations of love signed by the son of Jafar.

Seriously, this was going a step further.

—*—*—

And while it was nice to have a full mailbox for the occasion, while it could have been a pleasant surprise to actually receive something with so meaningful words, Jay had been around Mal just the exact amount of time to recognize the way her letters leaned on to the right side when she wrote and resembled minuscule ants scattered across the paper more than of words, just like Carlos had studied alongside Evie long enough to know how instead of putting a period on top of the 'i's' she drew a tiny heart on top over them.

The boys were also plenty intelligent to notice that what they were receiving wasn't the dirty handwriting of the person they shared a room with, but the neat and cared for works of their fellow former villainesses.

Sincerely, the girls needed to stop trying to get them together. That was simply not happening.

—*—*—

It wasn't until the very Thursday, a day shy of Valentine's Day, that they received something other than the white and red letters of the previous days.

The letter of that day wasn't scented, the writing wasn't neat and the sheet of paper wasn't a colored, but rather a stripped one ―not enough to make the written work on it straight, though― that oh-so glaringly had been ripped from a notebook, and instead of an eloquent speech about the itemized affection it only held a simple 'I like you'.

And it was also genuine. Real.

Alright, alright, maybe the girls had hit the nail on the head for once, Jay had to admit awkwardly, fond as he was of the Auradonian-like giggles they sent whenever they saw Carlos and him together or took note of how he circled Carlos' shoulder and ruffled his hair, even after they officially became boyfriends.

Perhaps, after all, nothing could be perfect and, to be honest, the former villainesses truly only had the best intentions.

Well? Corny, cheesy? You know I have that stuff to spare! If you've followed me up until know, I want to say thank you! You are all beautiful people!

Thanks for coming this far and... read you soon!