--52-- For Victoria

||

Harry's POV:

I closed the door behind me as I got out of the car. The sky was dark and I wasn't sure how Victoria would react to me coming home late again. I know she doesn't show it, but I know she really hates it when I do. I don't do this on purpose to her...especially on all nights of nights; it was our two year wedding anniversary. I gripped her favorite flowers in my right hand and walked up to the house. Just looking though the small window on the door, the house was dark. I unlocked the door and didn't hear Victoria at all.

"Tori? Baby, I'm ho--"

I stopped mid sentence when I saw her laying on the couch with her favorite book on her face; Water For Elephants. I walked over to her and carefully lifted the book off of her. Victoria was asleep. I felt so horrible that I came home late on our anniversary.

After placing her book on the coffee table, I noticed a flickering light from the kitchen. It was a candle. I walked into the kitchen and gasped. She had made dinner that was now covered up. There was a wine glass filled with red wine. And there was a piece of cake missing from the chocolate cake in the middle of the table. She put so much time into this and how do I repay her? By coming home late. I placed her flowers onto the table and sat down.

"How could you do this to her?" I asked myself.

I ran my hand through my hair a few times before a noticed there was an envelope with my name on it. I grabbed it and carefully opened it. Pulling out the letter, a smaller envelope fell from it.

Dearest Harry,

Happy Anniversary! Can you believe it's been two years since we made those vows to each other? It feels like it was just yesterday when you nervously asked me out for the first time. I could honestly put every cheesy line in here known to the world, but all I want to say is that I love you and I'm glad I get to be yours forever.

Yours truly, Victori
a.

Now I felt even worse. All I did was get her flowers and she went all out.

"I'm a horrible excuse for a husband," I mumbled.

Then I remembered the smaller envelope. I picked that one up and opened it. Inside was a picture that I couldn't really make out. Turning it over, I read the words "You're going to be a dad." I almost dropped the picture from my hands. It finally happened. We've been trying for so long and now it finally happened. I quickly got up from the kitchen table and returned back to Victoria sleeping on the couch.

"Tori...baby, wake up," I said as I gently shook her.

Slowly, her eyes opened and locked with mine.

"Harry? When did you get home?"

Her voice was a bit groggy, but I didn't care.

"A little while ago. I'm so sorry I was late, Tori."

She slightly began to smile.

"I don't care. As long as you're here now..."

I carefully pulled her off the couch and into my arms.

"I love you so much, Tori," I whispered.

She softly laughed.

"I love you too, Harry."

I let go of her and stared deeply into her eyes.

"And I can't wait for our family of two to become a family of three."

Victoria gasped. "You saw the--"

I nodded. "And I couldn't be happier for us, Tori."

She returned her arms around me and there she stayed until she fell asleep once more.

------------

Sorry for the long wait

(Not taking requests right now)

-Ati Horan-