Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen: Sam's P.O.V.

I woke up and remembered that my brother's funeral is today. Tears had already started coming and it wasn't even 9 yet. I picked myself up and gor dressed in a black shirt, blakc jeans, my black shoes, and I even threw on my gray beanie to wear. I went to the bathroom and found my black dog-tags. I applied a little eye-shadow and braided my hair to the side. I walked downstairs and saw that Bree had texted me. 

Bree: Hey Sam, I heard from Michael about your brother. I'm sorry. Don't come in today. You need time to grieve. I'll stop by later tonight. Byee. : / 

I set my phone down and checked the time. 9:00. I still had three hours until the funeral. Since I had nothing else to do, I decided to head to the boys' house, just to see Morgan. I pulled up in front of the house and was glad to see that the boys' weren't home. I slowly got out of my car and walked up to the front door. I waited as Morgan took her time to answer the door. She finally answered. 

"Hey Sam, what's wrong? Are you ok?" she asks. 

Looks like the guys haven't told her yet. 

"To be honest, no. I guess the guy's haven't told you." I say glumly. 

"Here, come in and tell me what happened." she says stepping aside.

I step in and follow her to the living room. We sit down on the couch. I wasn't sure where to start, so I decided to start with that morning.

"OK, it was the day the guys' got back from the two-week tour. I came over to see Michael and Luke. When I walked in, Michael took me to Luke's room. When I walked in, I saw Luke shirtless laying cuddled up to Ally." I say and pause. 

Morgan looked disgusted. Tears were slowly falling down. I continued.

"When I walked back into my house." I had to pause. The tears were just rushing. "I-I walked in and heard a gun shot. I-I ran b-back to my dad's o-old room a-and there h-he was. D-d-dead." I finished and just broke down into tears. 

Morgan put her arm around me. All of my eye-shadow had been wiped onto the back of my hands. I excused myself to the bathroom and cleaned my hands and cleared the reamaing eye-shadow. I walked back out the living room, sat down, and started crying again. I heard the door open and close, but continued crying my eyes out. Who cares if I was crying? Certainly not Luke. 

"What happened. Morgan, what did you do?" Calum asked. 

"I did nothing. She came over and we talked." Morgan snaps at them "Why didn't you guys tell me?" 

"Tell you what?" Luke asks. 

"Well, for starters, that Luke broke Sam's heart. And second, Jason left." she snaps, whispering the last part. 

I heard her though. The tears had slowed down. 

"Where did Jason go?" Calum asked. Gosh he was an idiot sometimes.

"Calum, you idiot, he commited suicide." Morgan said quickly. 

The tears stopped and all I could do was look at the ground. I felt arms wrap around me. I knew ot was Michael. I leaned on him. It felt like I was gonna cry, but no tears came. I heard footsteps grow distance. I stayed with Michael for a while before I realized what time it was. 

"Oh shoot. I've gotta go. I'll see ya later Michael." I say and get up.

"OK. I'll see ya later." he says still sitting.

I walk out to my car, hop in, and start the engine. I drove silently down the rode until I reached the flower shop. I walked in and inhaled the scent of the flowers. A middle aged lady came up to me. She reminded me of my mother. 

"Excuse me, but may I help you?" she asked.

"Oh, um, yes. I'm looking for black roses." I say, secretly hoping they had some.

"Oh yes, we got some this morning. Do you mind if they are fake?" she asks, leading me to a section in the back. 

"No, I don't mind, actually that would be best." I say. 

She stops in front of shelves and steps aside to show a huge choice of flowers. 

"Take however many you want." she says smiling. 

Her smile looked fake. I looked in her eyes and saw sorrow. It looked as if she had lost so much and this was all she had. I smiled in return and picked out one black rose. She lead me to the counter and rang me up. I was about to walk out of the door when something stopped me. What if this woman was my mom? What if dad lied to us about her dieing? I stopped in my tracks and walked back to the counter.

"Excuse me, but I was wondering, are you OK? You seem a little down." I say softly. 

"Honestly, no, I'm not alright. But, I don't think you would care for the story." she says shaking her head. 

"Oh, no, I would love to stay and talk. I have a little time anyway." I say. 

"OK, follow me." she says

She leads me to the storage room and motions for me to sit in a chair across from her desk. 

"Well, to start off, my sorrow started when my daughter was 8. I play that night over and over again. I walked out on my husband for a richer man. I regret it. We divorced. He got the kids while I got some money. I should've taken the kids. He then became and alcoholic and started abusing my daughter. Very seriously when she was 10. I remember her and her brother coming to me and asking for help. I helped them in any way I could. That was until my second husband found out. He hated children which I disagreed with. When he found out, he threatened to kill me. That night, I took some money and  ran away. I found this place for sale and bought it. My second husband said I was murdered. The case was dropped a year a year later. I just found out yesterday that my son committed suicide. His funeral his today, but I feel guilty to go." she finished.

Realization hit me. This woman, sitting right in front of me, was my mother. 

WOAH WOAH WOAH!! WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST DO?! That's right, PLOT TWIST! I actually didn't plan this. I made it up and I went along. hehehe. Byee :P