Prologue

Akira Corporations Headquarters, London.

Pure helplessness and red- hot anger are what I am actually feeling right now. The rage I learnt to control over years seems to be radiating from my every damn action. Suppressing the urge to strangulate whatever comes my way I turned to face the person standing in front of me ,for both of us knew this is just not the time, this anger, this rage is supposed to be saved, just like how it had always been from past six years.

"What's his name?" I simply asked for I knew the rest that was important.

"Manik, Manik Malhotra !" the old man in his early fifties replied calmly yet carefully, he knows how I become whenever anything related to this topic is brought up.

"Are you sure about it? What if.." but I was cut off in between .

"I know what you are thinking and believe me there's no chance about it. I have personally checked everything. He hates HIM." his confidence about his work was loud and clear and there's no way I was going to doubt that, his confidence is something his personality speaks loud about.

"hmmmm... so when are we leaving for India? "

"Tomorrow, 11 am, you know what you have to do right?", I just hmmed in response and moved towards the large glass window, moving life every damn second, no time to stop, no time to feel anything, no time to grieve, no time to wipe your tears, you have to stand up yourself and fight, fight while your tears are still flowing, fight because if you won't, they will throw more on you, more to take, more to fight off. That's the very reason she agreed for going there the place which gave her the best memories and worst nightmares together, the land of guardian angels and monstrous beasts.

As I was lost in my thoughts I sensed him fidgeting, well that's rare he does that only when it's either important or personal.

"What is it, Baba?" I asked my tone softer indicating very much I'm sober now. My back still facing him.

"ummm.. it's just that ..." he was literally stammering. Now I was curious what is it that managed to shake him off that court.

I stood to face him completely, he sighed deeply before answering.

"Beta it's just that... be careful I know you have always been so, but this time, the risk is high, because this time emotions can play their own game, a game you won't even get to know you are part of. Feelings have no place in this run it's either you or them."

"Emotions, Feelings. They were always a part of this game baba, had it not been them this would never have happened, but now emotion is only of revenge and feeling is only that of anger. Nothing else, not now, not anytime soon."

"The guy."

"What about him?"

"He's a charmer, his aura is mysterious just like yours and magnetic. He's a puzzle, but most importantly he's silence, you know what I mean? "

"You mean he is danger, his silence is actually silence, not the types which speak aloud and that makes it even more fatal . Interesting, I must say. Has he ever been a part of this before.?"

"I don't know." He confessed honestly. "But that doesn't matter he's a part of it now and even if he has ever been we'll get to know."

I was about to say something but my phone started ringing and one look at the flashed name was all it took for Baba to take the cue and he left.

As soon as he left I picked the call up. Time to switch to my other side. A whole new me. A more normal me who actually knows how to live life a girl with no sorrow, no grievances, no responsibility, nothing to worry about, which I guess is impossible in my case. But the best part is, I don't mind it at all not unless I have these idiots to remind me again and again how to live and how to enjoy every bit of it.

"NANDINI MURTHY YOU ARE SO DEAD!!!" came a deadly scream from the other end and as an impulse, I immediately shoved my phone away for the sake of my till-now-well-functioning ears . Had it been anyone else that person would have been destroyed in a blink and by now would be on his knees in front of me begging for mercy but this person is one of those few people in her life she has given some rights to and that practically includes everything.

........................................................................................................................

Malhotra Industries, Mumbai.

"He called up. AGAIN." pause, "I am done dealing with it Manik . Either you tell me the reason behind all this drama or handle it yourself, I am sick and tired of your 'the time is yet to come' game, it's time you break this annoying silence of yours" the man literally shouted, clear indication his patience is totally out of stock as for now. But sighed, knowing the man standing before him too well. Nobody on the earth can make him talk without his will, nobody can control him, nobody can see through the delusion he has built around his dark world. At least that's what he thought...

"Cabir, please this last time I request you" had anyone else listened to this, he would have needed a dozen of electric shocks to come back to his senses. Manik Malhotra requesting, like actually requesting that too with a "please" is definitely a rare sight to watch.

But whenever this particular topic is brought up he's no longer the Manik Malhotra this world knows. He is the same scared, helpless and confused Manik that he was years ago.

"Manik, you are not understanding. This won't last long, it...." He was cut off by the continuous buzzing of his phone , irritated he picked it up.

"WHAT?" he yelled but then his expressions were stern again.

"When? Alone? Background check is done?.." and after few more questions, he cut the call to face an expressionless Manik .

"She is coming to India, tomorrow." his expressions immediately changed. And he knew

.

.

IT'S TIME.