Chapter 3. Re-united

Ahren opened his eyes and gasped for air, he noticed right away that he was laying about 10m away from the crashed helicopter. A few metres away he saw Connor and said:*thanks for rescuing me that was a close one!* Connor turned to face him and said:*Ahren you suck at flying*. Suddenly the sound of gunfire rang through the trees. Connor knew right away where it came from due to his listening skills so he started walking. Ahren picked up his bag and walked after him. After a few minutes of walking Connor froze and looked up into the trees. There was a shadow dropping from the tree and Connor was just able to throw himself sideways onto the ground to dodge the 2m tall gorilla that landed on the ground. The gorilla grabbed Ahren and threw him into a tree, the tree rocked from side to side which dropped a huge hornet nest onto Ahrens head. Connor had already gotten up and stood infront of the gorilla. The gorilla threw a huge punch with all its weight but Connor just ducked underneath it and sent the gorilla flying using only a flick of his pinky. Connor then turned towards where ahren last stood and saw Ahren was laying on the ground with stings all over his face. *Is it bad?* Ahren asked. Connor just replied:*well… its not much uglier than before* and helped Ahren up so they could continue their journey towards the river.

Jarrod had already reached the shore and ran towards the phone. He picked the phone off the bright orange box and listened if there was anybody on the line. An Indian guy answered and was like: *hello for emergency services say 1, for*. But Jarrod had already interrupted and screamed:*one! one! one!* The Indian guy said: *sorry there is no one hundred and eleven, but there is an eleven which is the T-shirt shop* Jarrod turned to look towards the shack and saw a velociraptors with blood on its claws looked straight at him. Jarrod slowly spoke into the phone:*there     is      dinosaurs     that      want to eat me! HELP!* And the Indian guy replied:*yes ok the emergency hotline why did you not say so well send help down to this phones location*. And with that the guy hung up. Jarrod put the phone back onto its holder and saw that there was 3 velociraptors running towards him, fast. The river was about 10m away and the pack of dinos were 50m away still closing in fast. He had left all his gear on the boat so he sat down to think about his survival options. As the velociraptors were only a few metres away Jarrod said:*Wait! Wait! Wait! I got to calculate my survival options for each direction*. The velociraptors looked at eachother and then back at Jarrod and all three lunged towards him at once. Lucky for Jarrod Connor appeared and caught one in midair while tripple backflipping and threw it at the other two. The pack of velociraptors surrendered straight away and ran back into the trees. Ahren also came through a bush and said:* phew, this is exhausting but luckily everybody is ok*. In the distance the sound of cars could be heard. Jarrod smiled as he knew it was his rescuers that he had called but the smile disappeared from his face as he heard brakes squealing. There was gunfire and screams then nothing. What was even more terrifying was the Thomp that occurred every second which got louder and louder and the vibration of the ground which got stronger every time the noise occured. Connor already knew what this meant and said:*we better get onto that frikkin boat over there!*.

Like it so far? search for jarrod stories to find more :D