Chapter 1 Part 1

I wiped my brow with my forearm as screams echoed throughout the chamber.
"Hand me those clean rags," I commanded my slave. Snatching the damp rags from the terrified girl, I dabbed the inner thighs of the screaming woman who laid before me.
"Just one more push and it'll be all over," I promised the women. She bobbed her head in understanding and released one last scream before the first cries of her child met the ears of all the slaves who were present.
I gazed in amazement at the little creature resting in my arms. It was so weak, so fragile. The child stared back, playing with the gold beads woven into my hair. I didn't much care for children, but I couldn't help the smile that slipped across my cheeks as it began to suck on my black hair like it was the finest sweets.
I glanced up at the exhausted women and said, "it's a healthy boy."
A mixture of relief and joy spread across the woman's face as I handed her the child as quickly as I possibly could.
Wiping my hands on my gold silk dress, I turned to leave but was stopped with a breathy thank you from the women.
"Cleopatra, I know it wasn't your duty to help but I..."
"Hush! Of course it was my duty. Your child is an Egyptian citizen, is he not?"
"Yes, but...."
"It is my duty to care for my people-therefore your child is my child," I informed her before leaving the new mother.

I walked down a long corridor while slaves bowed their head in respect. Once I reach my bedroom, I entered and sat in front of my vanity. I sat as stiff as a statue, blinking at the brown eyed girl before me. Releasing a loud sigh, I buried my face into the palms of my hands. I knew what was coming, or better put, who was coming. My heart screamed inside my chest as I heard my bedroom door open. My hands began to tremble in fear as the footsteps approached. I didn't dare lift my head or open my eyes. My mind and heart couldn't bear it. My last string of confidence broke as two hands slid around my waist and his lips brushed the side of my neck.

"My love," he whispered into my ear. I hated his voice. It's sounded like he spoke with his tongue hanging outside of his mouth. "Look at me my flower," he commanded and I did the only thing I could in my position, i obeyed. "Ah! There's that beautiful face."

I new I was beautiful. I had been told countless times throughout my life, yet each time I glanced in a mirror all I could see was an empty shell. A useful pawn in a man's world.
"I need your lips," his voice was breathy and desperate. I turned around and placed a kiss on his cheek hoping that would satisfy him. "Here," he pointed to his lips. Sadness took hold of my mind as I leaned in and kissed my Pharaoh. I began to pull away but his hand roughly seized my throat, keeping me in place while he violated my mouth. He poked his tongue in and out of my mouth, flooding my mouth with his saliva.

He released his firm grip and shot me a crooked smile saying, "Now that's my good sister, Cleopatra."
-
-
-
-
-
If some of you are wondering why she kissed her brother...well that's how is was in Egypt. Cleopatra was betrothed to her younger brother... Just incase you were wondering what was going on... lol anyway, sorry if this chapter was kinda slow. The next one will be much longer and far more interesting. Stay tuned😘