Chapter 36: Gone.

Jimin:

I run and run and run, the balls of my feet cold and paining as they hit the hard ground over and over. I slow as I reach his house.

Could I even stay here...knowing that my dad lives just a few roads over?

If I stay here...it'll just bring more trouble to Jungkook. If my dad sees me, he'll kill us both. I don't want that for Jungkook.

I can't stay.

His life will be easier without me...I just need to see him one last time.

I creep round to the side of the house to face his bedroom window. It's open. Maybe if I could just climb up...
But with what?

I see a black pipe that trails right past his window, attached to the wall of his house. Without thinking about any sort of safety, I begin to climb. My foot slips on the first attempt, but I continue up. Please don't break please don't break. My fingers get scratched against the rough wall, and to climb after what's just happened is almost unbearable, but eventually I reach his window. Luckily I'm quite small, so I fit through easily, arms outstretched to hold my weight up as I fall into his room so that I don't make a noise.

I pick myself up off the floor in his room. I can see him now, sleeping soundly, bed hair sticking up in all directions. The moon is out tonight, and its ghostly light shines along the side of his face. He looks peaceful.
I blink, trying my hardest not to cry.
I'm going to miss him so much.

I need to leave him something. Something only he can find. I look around and see a pen and a small notepad on his desk. I pick up the pen and try and tear off the notepad paper as silently as I can. Riiiiip...

I freeze as I hear Jungkook shuffle around behind me. He didn't hear me right? When I feel it's okay to continue, I quickly tear the rest of the page off.
I write down what I need to onto the paper and fold it up. I need somewhere to put this. Somewhere only he will see it...

Once it's hidden, I climb back out the window, looking back one last time to see him. I reach out to grab the pipe, and clamber down, the scratches on my fingers now bleeding.

Jungkook:

I hear something at my window. Ugh what is it, it's the middle of the damn night. Whatever it was it was loud enough to wake me up. I try to ignore it and pull the duvet over my head, but I can still hear something. I open an eye to glance over at the window. What on Earth... Was there an animal outside? A stray dog sniffing around the house or something? I should check my phone for the time. I click it on, and the bright light stings my eyes. I wince.
The light of a thousand suns.
I have seen it in my phone screen.

I clamber out of bed and stumble towards the window, rubbing my eyes. It's already open, and as it starts to rain lightly, little raindrops spatter into my room. I push it open to the full extent and peer outside, to see if it was an animal or maybe even a person.
Wait, if it was a person why are they here at almost 4am in the morning?!?
I lean out and look down to see the culprit...

Jimin? I widen my eyes, fully alert now. I see him staring up at me, eyes shining, the white light of the moon creating tiny little orbs in his pupil as though there were stars in his eyes. But I notice they're shining from the wetness of tears... As my eyes adjust to the lighting, I see more of him. I realise instantly something terrible has happened. His face is bruised, covered in cuts, blood smeared across. I rush away from the window, and run down stairs - not even caring about how loud I was being.

I open the door and run to the side of the house where he was, coming to a halt in front of him.

'Oh my God Jimin.' It's the only thing I can say, I'm too shocked by his state. His lower lip was swollen, and I can see the bruises more clearly up close, they leave a trail down his face and along his eye. Even his wrist is bruised, red and purple blemishes forming around it. He's not even fully dressed, he doesn't have on any shoes.

He chokes back tears. I've never seen him cry before, and I feel helpless.

Jimin:

This wasn't supposed to be part of the goodbye. I clutch my side and stare at Jungkook, defeated. I don't even try to mask my pain anymore. I begin to sob in front of him, feeling like I'm at the lowest point I've ever been.

It's all gone to shit. Everything's broken. Everything would have been easier if we hadn't of fallen in love.
My world would have gone on turning, without him in the picture.
Even though I never would have wanted it that way...

I have no home. I have no father. I have no life here anymore. He doesn't need me, I'm a wreck.

I'm sorry Jungkook. I'm sorry for what I'm about to do. But it's the most selfless thing I could ever do for you.

'THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!'
I scream, losing my balance from the pain of the beating. Jungkook rushes to catch me but I shove him off. 'DON'T TOUCH ME!' I yell. I sob as I sink to the ground.

It kills me to lie like this. To put on an act. But if he thinks I hate him...
He can get over me.

Jungkook:

'Jimin please, calm down,' why was he being like this?! Calm down Jungkook, he's not thinking straight - obviously something's happened but it'll be okay tomorrow. I just need to make him come to his senses.
'We can talk about this,' I say, trying to keep my distance in case he didn't want me near him right now.
'Jimin please just come inside.'

'NO! Don't you see Jungkook?' He cries, choking on his tears. 'This is all your fault - if you hadn't shown up, I would have been fine!
I would of had everything! But now I have NOTHING!'

Just as he screams, I see the lights turn on inside my house. Jimin notices too, and I think I can hear my mum approaching. 'Jimin...' I plead.
I try to help him off the ground, but he pushes me off and I almost fall over.
He gets up from the ground, and pushes past me.

I could have sworn he whispered what sounded like...an apology. I watch him as he begins running, moments before my mum comes outside to see what all the commotion was about.

Do I stay? Does he even want me to follow him? Without thinking I begin to run after him. I can't let him leave like this. I begin to run as fast as I can, heart racing, feet bare and hurting as they pound against the  cold ground.
I chase after him, trailing through streets and back alleyways, arms getting scratched from the tangle of bramble lining them.

And then I couldn't chase him any longer.

I lose sight of him, as though he melted away into the black gloom of the night. I call for him, shouting his name over and over, but his name gets carried away with the wind. The rain falls down heavier, making the ground shine like silver. I stand there in the cold of the night, bare feet wet and sore. I try listening out for him, but all I can hear is the rustle of trees, swaying in the breeze.

...And just like that he was gone.