chapter 12

"We gotta go!" Tink yelled from a small distance, holding a fading away Andi as Baelfire covered them.

I tried to move, to make any sound possible. But for a moment I was completely paralyzed as a numbness set over me.

"Pan!" Tink yelled again as the sound ringed from ear to ear. I hadn't even realized I was squinting my eyes, barley holding on for any last bit of sight. Wendy shook my shoulders as I smelled her lavishing scent and watched as the sunset colors blend behind her in the sky.

"Pan she's dying, we've got to go right now!" Baelfire shouted as he fought off one of the last pirates that hadn't been killed, or ran back to their ship.

"He's hurt!" Wendy yelled back with signs of sobs under her words. I turned my gaze over to Andi, who looked worse then I do. She's fading away like a ghost, glitching every once and a while to where you would barley see her for a second, then she was back.

I have to be strong for them, they need me. I cant let them down...not now.

I slowly began to stand up as Wendy wrapped her arm around me, helping me keep my balance.

"Go," I said weakly, "Run. I'll be right behind you. You too Wendy...get out of here."

All of a sudden a loud horn rung in the distance and on command every last live pirate ran back to their ship to sail off. At least we won, I thought. But the feeling of the knife being pushed inside Tiger Lily's back haunted me and lingered over my back every waking moment.

"Pan, you never will learn will you? I'm not going to leave you. Not again...not ever." Wendy said as she helped me hobble over to where Tink was holding Andi. Her eyes where opening and closing, her wincing every time she closed them. Finally all the pirates were gone and we were left with the ruin.

"Lets go, I don't want this girl bloody dying on us." Tink said as she attempted to pick Andi up, then Baelfire helped her.

"You b-barley know me." Andi mumbled as her eyes where squinting closed.

"We know that you saved us, and that's enough to wanna save you." Baelfire replied holding Andi in his arms. My lost boys scurried behind us, some hurt, some possibly gone... I couldn't quite tell at the moment.

Andi screamed. It was a bloody-murder scream, and it made you want to cry. We all sped up as we tried to get to Tink's hut before it was to late. Before we couldn't save her, the one who sacrificed herself for all of us.

Andi's eyes where slammed closed as she fidgeted in Baelfire's arms, letting out smaller-- yet painful screams. She surprised us all with the next words she said.

"PAN! The-the curse...your curse."

We all stopped in our tracks, Wendy still keeping me from falling.

"What?" I questioned, completely bewildered by her words. My curse?

Andi's eyes shot open as they looked blacker then then the night, and she suddenly froze yet turned her gaze over to me.

"Your cursed. No happiness. Must forget. Can never leave here. You need the heart." Andi said to me but at that particular moment I wasn't so sure it was completely Andi. Her voice was a bit deeper, vague, and serious. Then, without warning, she collapsed. Leaving a blanket of quiet to wrap around us and the forest as all faces where on me with confusion in their eyes.

Baelfire checked her pulse. "Still breathing." He said with relief as we started to walk again, seeing Tink's hut in the near distance.

"What...what did she mean by that? That you can never leave...that your supposedly cursed?" Wendy asked as we grew closer to Tink's hut.