Chapter 17

That gif made me go LMFAO xD

Chapter 17:

Everyone started lurching hither and thither, horror etched on their faces, many people tumbling over each other's dresses. I stood rooted to the ground, surrounded by a haze of fear. That did not just happen.

That is a very dick move Kevin," Dustin growled from next to me, venom spewing from his tone. Veronica's eyes stared at us bloodshot and wide, unable to digest what was happening around her. I noticed from the corner of my eye that we were being slowly ringed by a group of assailants, some of them carrying Cold Steel swords. "You cannot launch Future, it will destroy the whole humanity."

 "So you eventually found it out," Kevin clenched his teeth and started grinning like a Cheshire Cat, "Nobody can stop Future from launching. Now either you give that microchip you stole back to me or this girl, here -,"

"NO!" I screamed, "Don't you dare! Dustin, what chip is he talking about?"

"Nina and I yesterday attacked one of his employee who, unaware of Kevin's real plans, was the caretaker of the microchip that is vital for the launching of Future."

"And you shouldn't have done that," Kevin huffed.

La La la, whatever you dickhead. 

Do you want to give it back o-,"

"Why do you want to kill us?" I asked him, shouting on the top of my lungs, "We haven't done you any wrong!"

"We need a place to live, and you filthy humans are already ruining your little planet! We could nurture this place better than you, fill the seas with molten iron -,"

"For the record, we already have molten iron underneath us," Veronica tattled.

"Shut up, you bitch!" Kevin screamed, and a shard of his knife dug a little into her throat, revelaing an ooze of read blood. She screamed and I tried to prowl to stop him, but an unknown force already held me back in my position. I remembered that Kevin's army already had ... superpowers.

I tried to shoot laser out of my eyes, but my whole body was frozen in place, my powers seemed to truncate.

What the hell?

Apparently you are powerless since your buddies are not here. And my -,"

"Why can't you sense the elephant in the room?" It was Berko's voice, and my mind immediately jumped up from bouyancy.

"And Bomb Stinger; Nelkon. Jack Nelkon."

"I told him that sounds lame but he doesn't listen," Dustin whispered to me.

"Supppppermaan!" Veronica screamed.

"That sounds about right," Dustin smirked sarcastically and suddenly ducked underneath while Nina lurched over him and bounced up to Kevin, attempting to slash two sabres at him, and he disappeared in a flash, ending up two metres to my right. Veronica fell on the ground, coughing with blood in her mouth.

"Anna, take her to the hospital, we'll handle it here!" Dustin shouted at me while throwing a punch at one of Kevin's troopers.

Instantly everyone had started flying, backlashing and trying to take each other down. The auditorium was almost empty of civilians now, I wondered what they were thinking of the inside situation here. I also thought I heard some police sirens outside the school building. I nodded, taking Veronica in my arms and staggering outside the auditorium with her.

"Can't you just walk from here?" I asked her reluctantly, "Don't tell anyone outside about me, make up whatever you want, but don't..like explain details. Act horrified."

"You think I'm not horrified?" she gaped at me, "Okay whatever friend of some freaky superhero, thanks for saving my life. I still don't believe you're into these."

"Trust me, I could make it up for you later," I told her calmly.

She looked at me for some time and then dropped her head. "I - I'm sorry," her voice faltered, "For whatever I have done."

"It's not the correct moment for making up. Hurry! I have responsibilities to carry out."

"Be safe," she touched my arms, and hurried off.

I sprinted back inside, apalled to fight blood stains on the floor, and Trevor and Dustin trying to take over Kevin. Trevor's abilities I hadn't seen much, but now I realized how he could crumple things like paper. Kevin threw both of them aside with one lunge forward but Nina was succesfully able to hit him with her nunchaku.

"Liam and Anna, take the microchip to the Annihilation Burner at our headquarters," Dustin huffed as he handed me a small green box, and wrapped my fingers around it tightly. "We'll handle them here until you destroy it, and then we can together stop Future by disconnecting its connection to the satellite."

"Aye," Liam grabbed my wrist and instantly pulled me out of the auditorium and I realized Kevin's robots were swarming the whole school now, blocking our path.

I shot laser at them, only the beams to be reflected, missing us for a few millimetres. So close.

"Shit, what are you doing Anastasia? Get on my back!" Liam screamed.

"What?" I screamed as two of the robots lunged on me but I shook them outwards, brutally heaving them to the floor. There were more coming to halt us, but Liam forcefully pulled me onto his back and smirked, 'There's a reason why I'm called the Crush Wolf."

Instantly his body turned into a large, grey wolf, his far strikingly soft underneath me, tickling my skin to some extent. He lurched through the throng of robots, tearing some of them apart with his mouth or scratching our way through them. Soon we were out of the school but there were police all over the place, which forced us to take up the Megahuman's secret underground tunnel that ran throughout the town, unknown to the layman. I held on to him and the microchip tighter as he sprinted at his full speed, which kind of made me nauseated.

"Liam, watch out!" I screamed as soon as we got out of the tunnel, ringed by more robots (who looked human but their eyes reflected a sort of glimmer).

Author's Rant: Hey lovelies! Sorry for the late update, just have been so freaking busy these days! (Well, you can tell me about it, right?) Hope you like this chapter and don't forget to hit the vote button! And feel free to comment, and maybe spot out some places where you think needs improvement. And also my computer disk glitched in the middle, deleting the whole story and parts I haven't published yet on Wattpad. So basically, it's all a hectic rewrite. Love you loads x

Mixtape

Old is Gold (P.S. But we are platinum ;) )

* Zombie - The Cranberries

* Ode to My Family - The Cranberries

* Try Again - Aaliyah

* West End Girls - Pet Shop Boys

*  Don't Speak - No Doubt