Letter eleven [EDITTING]

Dear Calm,

Once Spanish was over, break wasn't all that eventful. I didn't really expect it to be after all. Sally and I just talked about each other, as in asking the usual questions when you first meet someone. I learnt Sally's last name is 'Hardy' and her middle name is 'Emerald'. I sometimes wish I had a middle name. I think that it would be kind of funny to say to someone who doesn't have a middle name that you do have one. Unfortunately, I'm the one without the middle name, so...

Sally also has an older sister whose name is Melissa, who's in grade 12. Sally plays piano and harp. She says she's been playing since she was in grade three. I also play an instrument, which is violin, as you know Calm. Her being able to play two instruments as opposed to a measly one makes her slightly cooler. Of course, not that cool, but cooler.

We chatted like that for the whole break. It was a nice conversation but I made sure to be wary of what I told Sally. I don't want to make it seem like we're super close. That will make it harder for me to get rid of her. If that happened it would end up being me trying to get her to just go away but just unable to, like when a dog chases it's tail. That would be bad for me. I put my lunch in my bag as Sally told me one of her infinite stories. I pulled out my doodle book and checked my timetable.

"Oh, oh, let me guess what you have next," Sally demanded, clapping her hands excitedly. "Geography, with Ms Laurence?"

I looked at the book to find she was indeed right. I nodded my head and Sally silently fist-pumped the air. By the vivid expression painted on her face I got the impression that she was chanting 'I got it ri-ight, I got it ri-ight' over and over in her head. I felt like rolling my eyes at the thought, but resisted. Her mind must be just so noisy, what with all the excited remarks and buzzing idea worker bees. I bet her mind was full of rainbows and happiness. I don't even think she has experienced a single depressing thing in her life, which would account for her carefree and out-there nature.

We talked a lot about nothing much until the bell rang. Geography was monotone and Ms Laurence presented herself as not a mean teacher but a boring, by-the-books sort of teacher. Not much happened during that class. I mean, one of the girls opposite us hit the water bottle over onto all of Sally's work. I wasn't sure if it was on purpose or not, but it was of no concern to me. So I'll refrain from detailing that lesson too much. I'm not writing to boredom.

The bell rang at ten to three; ten minutes earlier than at my old school, which is cool. My parents and I had agreed that I would ride my bike to and from school, but since my dad had come to the school with me on the first day I hadn't brought the bike with me. He agreed to pick me up for today. Sally and I said bye to each other as she walked to the bus stop. I stood outside the gate and knowing that the traffic from where he is coming would be bad (like, seriously, we haven't been here all that long but the traffic has sure made an impression on me) so I took some paper out of my bag to write these letters.

It was about 30 minutes before dad came. I'd written two and a bit letters so far, planning to complete the rest at home. We talked about how my day went and if I managed to fit in and so forth. I told him about Sally being my guide, but that was all I said about her.

When we got home I had a shower, watched YouTube for a little bit and did my homework. I completed it after a long while of procrastination and finished these letters. Now I'm here writing my final letter of the night to you Calm. It's two minutes to nine so I have to go to bed soon. Writing to you, Anticipation and everyone else (yes, even Anxiety) is better than doing any English homework. Mainly because English homework sucks, but yeah. Thanks for keeping me sane because of the lame friend by the way. I owe you.

See you 'round,

Tired girl