Chapter One

Karl sat on the edge of the cliff. The moon shone down on on his fur, making it look a lighter shade of brown. The Stars never reflected off his eyes, which were just a dark abyss, only having small red pupils which were inhumanly shaped. How the demon wished to be normal.
  Yet, he never could go back. Not like this. The old him was gone, replaced by the beast he is now. The night in which Karl committed the sin was too far gone. The demon woke up the way he looks now in a place far from home.
  What was home? He couldn't remember the meaning since all he did. All the male knew was that he is what he is. Getting to his feet, he looked around at his surroundings, debating if he should go to the home of demons where he had been staying. Karl shook his head. Of course he had to go back. So, he spread the wings on his back that seemed to be so dark they disappeared into the shadows and leaped off the ledge.
  The wings caught the air and soon he was flying. The lights of a civilization came into view as he got closer. Karl had found that this was the only place you could actually find anybody. Woods, cliffs, caves, rivers, lakes, waterfalls were all there were from here. Refusing to land until he got to the demon home, Karl continued to think about what this was. How had he got here? He pushed the questions to the back of his head since he was okay with living here besides the way the demons were looked upon by the rest of society.
  The city lights were soon washed away by the waves of forests that surrounded it as the demon continued to fly. All you could see were forests by now. That is until he saw the red glow that broke through the lush green of the wilderness. karl started to descend towards the glow at a rapid pace, wanting to just rest his wings and talk to his friends. As soon as his feet hit the ground, Karl had started to walk to the dark mansion in the woods. It had a nice look to it if it weren't so dark.
  Out of all the floors at the, his favorite was the 5th story, also known as the attic. He could look a t the stars from there. Sighing, Karl reached the double doors and pushed them open. They were pretty heavy but he had gotten used to it. He walked in and let the doors shut behind. The demons of the world all looked over at him, noticing his presence immediately.

" Hey, Karl how are you?"