Adams

The brisk wind glazed a crossed Arthur's face as he stood at the corner of Adams and 5th. "Damn its cold." he mumbled to himself as he put his left hand deeper into his grey coat pocket. Arthur deeply breathed as he looked down at his coffee cup. On the top of his white Americano filled cup he saw the words caution written boldly. "Caution, " he read to himself smugly, "if only people came with a caution notice." Arthur had never been one for people. He found the thought of people and crowds repulsing. There had only ever been one person that he could stand but, she left him. He had loved her, God he loved her. She was everything to him, he gave her everything. That night continues to haunt him, even after two years. He planned to propose that night. He had every word and action planned. "Bastard." He tells himself trying to repress his memories. Every time he closed his eyes he could see the naked body of Daniel thrusting himself into her. Her. He couldn't even come to say her name anymore. How could she have done this to me, I cared so much. Arthur looked down at his now empty coffee cup and sighed deeply, it reminded him of himself, empty inside. He looked up from his cup and saw her. "Sam?" He questioned himself before calling again. "Samantha!" Sam looked behind her shoulder toward the corner on Adams and 5th, but she only saw the dark."Don't be stupid Sam." She told herself, "he died two years ago.