Chapter 20

So Jaehyun wasn't lying when he said he gonna buy our lunch and eat together in class after all.

As soon as the bell rang, he immediately told me to stay put and he'll go buy some food for us quickly. I already told Irene about that and the reactions I got from her just as expected.

So it's only me in our classroom now. It's not dead silent yet comfortable surroundings. I almost like it more than study times.

Not long after, Jaehyun came back with two box of lunch. He bought kimbap for us two. Yeah, I prefer easy lunch like this.

" Did I took long? " he asked once he dropped the boxes on our empty table. He pull the chair in front of our table around and take a seat in front of me instead of his usual place. We're now sitting face to face with each other.

" Nope. " I shakes my head. " Thank you anyway. "

" No need to, I actually prefer eating here instead of there. Too noisy. " he said.

" Is that why you never came and eat with us? "

" Well, you can say that. " he shrugged then solves a piece of kimbap in his mouth. I nodded in response then started eating silently.

" I think I'll quit my job today. " he stated.

" What?? Why? "

" My mother doesn't want me to do this kind of job which I found it nonsense. And she want me to focused on my last year of high school instead, I kinda agree with that though. "

" Oh.. " I really can't hide my disappointment huh.

But it's true. Since it's our last year in high school, we should focused on it instead. And of course, he'll be in his mother's ceo position someday, Mrs. Jung probably don't want him to waste his time and exhausting himself on this kind of job at all,

" Are you gonna continue it though? "

" Maybe..? I'll take a break a month before our diploma exam, I guess. "

" How about today though? Are you still gonna go to work or something? "

" Are you worrying about me this much? " I asked while smirking playfully.

" Yeah, I am. So? " he completely shut me up with his nonchalant answer. Smooth.

" Hmmmmmm. Well I'll take a break today if you want me to. " I shrugged.

" Good. " he smirked.

———

Finally, exam week has passed. Not gonna lie but I almost die from exhaustion. But I'm glad my exam went well though. Same goes to all of my friends. But I just heard Taehyung whining about how he doesn't do well on his chemistry exam to Irene yesterday though haha. Poor him.

Oh I almost forget to tell you guys, well, today is the day that we'll go on the most awaited trip of our school. I'm getting ready with my backpack and a suitcase since this trip gonna happens for 3 days 2 night. I also need to prepare a lot because we gonna go into the forests. It's going to be so fun!!