Chapter 3 - Celebration (Pt. 2)

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Ashes to ashes
Dust to dust
Life is too short
So party we must"

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Rosewood Avenue

Elaine's house

**** Elaine's POV****

I descend the steps of my newly transformed house. There are Hawaiian party decorations everywhere and loud hiphop music booming throughout the house.
The party is in the backyard where the pool is but the living room and the kitchen is crowded with people wearing Hawaiian lei and holding red cups.
Some persons are grooving to the music while others are in little groups playing games or just talking.

I'm dressed in a  purple floral bikini with a full coverage bottom and a strapless top and plain black slippers along with a lei that matches my outfit. My makeup is minimal and waterproof.

I scan the room looking for my friends but they were no where in sight. It is only a couple minutes pass 7pm and there are already a few drunk teenagers staggering and tripping over invisible objects. I make my way through the crowd of teenagers and into the backyard.

"Wow!" I thought to myself.

The backyard looks mystical. The only source of light are the lanterns of different colours, sizes and shapes. There were mini blue ones neatly outlining the pool highlighting the main attraction. Above the pool is a neon sign saying happy birthday. I must say I'm loving the looks of things although I would still give it all up for the party I really wanted.
A slumber party with 6 of my closest girl friends, some rented DVDs and lots of food and beverages is my ideal way of celebrating my birthday. Not this crowd of people that makes me feel inferior and ...

"Ela baby," a cocky male British accent calls breaking my line of thoughts.

The colour instantly drains from my tan skin leaving my face dull in paleness. I tried to walk away as quickly as possible but in no time he was blocking my path and his posse of 4 surrounded me.

"What do you want Steven?" I ask in a voice just above a whisper due to my throat becoming dry.

"Baby you look damn sexy in that bikini. I'm going to have so much fun taking it off," he smirks and places his hand at the small of my back making a deadly shiver run down my spine.

"Let go of me!" I shouted feeling anger stirring up inside.

Hideous laughter erupted from the five boys that encircled me.

In an attempt to remove his hand from contact with my skin he tightened his grip while lowering his hand on my butt and pulling me dangerously close.
I want to scream for help but I don't want everyone to know how weak and pathetic I am so remained silent while struggling to break free of his hold.
I look around to see if anyone noticed what is taking place and would come rescue this damsel in distress. Everyone was busy doing their own thing while I continued to be unmannerly assaulted.

Steven lowered his head so that it is level with my neck and thoughtlessly inhaled my perfume. I made use of his distraction by pushing him away from me. He stumbled a few steps backwards obviously caught off guard. His face twists into an anger sneer as he regains his balance and lurch his hands forward violently latching on to my neck. My hands involuntarily rush to his trying to prevent him from strangling me to death.

"You shouldn't have done that," he spits through gritted teeth.

Compressing my neck further he hales me back and forth causing me to choke.