chapter IV

um yeah ? i guess

unedited

"ha, two dragon tamers and one dragon in just a month?" the viking exclaimed "there must be someone sending these tamers"

"i can promise, theres no leader" hiccup answered.

"shut it!" the viking yelled.

hiccup cleared his throat while continuing to circle the small cell he was captured in. the viking squinted his eyes looking off at the distance of the captured dragons cell.

"what kinda dragon' is that anyway?" he asked.

hiccup chuckled "oh you know. . . just a nightfury, im sure you know its a pretty vicious dragon. the species was known for killing many people back in the day. they're very vicious dragons" hiccup informed.

the viking chuckled and pointed at hiccups' "vicious" dragon, toohless was flashing a wide smile with his eyes enlarged as he watched hiccup.

"toothless!" hiccup groaned at his smiling dragon.

"let him out" someone screamed. the viking quickly stood straight and unlocked hiccups' cage.

-

"as you see, we're running low on people. each of us now have important roles, leaving nobody to do the unimportant jobs" the viking explained "so you'll be fetching water"

hiccup sighed. he didnt know when he would be able to sneak off. people basically surrouned him, watching his every move. weirdly enough, no step he made was unseen from others.

-

"hey dragon tamer! we found ya a buddy" the guard yelled at anna.

for a second, anna's face lit up, but it soon turned into a frown when she saw some random guy.

although anna knew it was hard, she had hopes elsa would come and save her form this treturous nightmare.

as the gaurds pushed hiccup closer, he pushed the gaurds back too.

"wait! you cant leave my dragon alone. . . hes not really friendly to people who try to capture me" hiccup said.

the guard rolled his eyes and pushed hiccup closer to the well.

"listen, we'll bargain. any food you catch in the well will be fed to that dragon of yours" the guard bargained.

hiccup nodded. the gaurd then nodded his head to the well and yelled "get to work, dragon tamers!"

he then left leaving anna, hiccup, and a chained up toothless alone.

anna sighed as she picked up another empty bucket. "good luck finding food for that thing, once ever 12 buckets i manage to catch an eel or two"

toothless frowned and turned his head around in disgust.

"first off, his name is toothless. second, toothless isnt very fond of eels"

anna chuckled "of course, back in arendelle we use them to lure out the dragons from our food storage"

hiccup looked at the girl "lure them away?"

"of course, dragons are nothing but trouble. its a miracle dragon tamers can even tame them"

hiccup awkwardly laughed "its not that difficult.  .  ."

anna looked at hiccup and gave him a smile. "my names anna"

toothless quickly put his head up and nudged hiccup. "whats up bud?" hiccup questioned his dragons changed mood.

toothless rolled his eyes and nudged his head forward to anna. hiccup being the clueless guy he his pondered for a minute, until he solved it.

"oh! shes anna!" hiccup shouted.

anna stared at the two, confused.

"great, we can leave as soon as lights are out" hiccup planned. "w-wait what?" anna asked.

"can't believe we found her so easily!" hiccup happily said "o-oh right, your sister, elsa sent us"

anna's grew a wide smile "r-really?"

-

the only sounds that were heard at night were loud snores and the falling droplets of water that came from the rain.

hiccup had to admit, it was risky to escape while it was foggy and rainy, but they had no choice.

hiccup adjusted the saddle on toothless and climbed on. as soon as he was adjusted he held his hand out for anna to climb on.

anna looked down, playing with her fingers. "i-i dont know if this is really safe.  .  ."

  "hey! hey you two, where do ya think you're goin'?" someone from the distance questioned.

"anna, please. we can't stay here!" hiccup yelled.

anna pursed her lips. he was right, these past weeks have been nightmares and she wanted to go.

and so she hopped on.